Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of New sales order Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have to mapped a new sales process.

Scenario is that  We send some material on sub contracting to vendor.Vendor do work on these materials.

After that some materials send back to plant do some specific work from vendor after that plant again send that material to vendor.

1.Plant ---->Vendor Subcontracting

2.Vendor --->Plant for service

3.Plant ---->Vendor

There is some charge on that service towards vendor.

So our requirement to implement this process SD in sap

Please guide us.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

This is more of procurement and production process than sales process.

One point to be noted is that the sending material and receiving material codes need to be different.

i.e. Every raw material you send and every finished product / semi-finished component you receive should be different.

Your sending material and receiving material should be different

There should be some value addition to the product from the vendor.

There is a standard subcontracting process in MM. If you get the help of an MM consultant, he can map this process (may be through a service PO) to you.

I talked to my MM consultant and the process is like this

A subcontracting PO should be created to the Vendor with the raw materials in the PO.

This is followed by Goods issue (to send the materials to the Vendor)

Now the vendor works on these raw materials and makes the semifinished component which is part of PP in his organisation

He now sends the semi-finished component to us with the additional cost of value addition.

Now the new material is received by using a Goods Receipt for the Subcontracting PO using the new material code.

But you can discuss with your MM consultant for the detailed configuration and enabling the process.

Also, this link can help you

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2006247

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

After the second subcontranting process, material are again returning to your plant? If so, you have to use two times the standard subcontracting process of MM:

- subcontracting PO

- transfer the goods to sobcontracting stock using ME2O or MB1B with ref. to the PO

- MIGO against the subcontracting PO - it will simmultaneously generate the GR & GI.

Kind regards,

Horatiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Horatiu,

Second time when material came back for some service which is done at plant and taken some charge for service from vendor . after that send back to vendor again.

Regards'

Kumar

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

"Second time when material came back for some service which is done at plant and taken some charge for service from vendor . after that send back to vendor again."

I understand that you ae sending the material more than once to your vendor (that, in this case, is also a provider of additional services that are transforming your material into something else)... but something is unclear in what you write: you are allways eneding your statements by adding the proposition I have emphasized above: is this vendor / supplier of services, also your customer?

Anycase, if that would be the case I will still remain to the ideea you have to go through an MM subcontracting process... and finally sell the goods to this vendor/customer/ It is nothing complicated in the process, I can guide you if you want.

H.