cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Automatic Product selection in SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need help with configuring automatic product selection. I am well aware of material determination and its basic configuration and concept, so kindly do not post general explanation.

I would be greatful if you could tell me what are the checkpoints to configure availability check during automatic product selection.

I have set up basic material determination but need the system to check the stock during material determination and if the quantity is not fully available, it should fill up the balance with the next material maintained in VB11.

Exa. Material to be replaced is 10001. It should be replaced by 10003 and 10004(maintained in this order in VB11). Say 1 qty is available in 10003 and 2 in 10004.

So when we create an order for 2 nos of 10001, system to check the first material stock, and create an iterm with 1 qty of 10003 and since only 1 is available in 10003, system to look for stock in the next material and create another line item with 1 qty of 10004.

Please provide specific tried and tested solution as i have already tried everything with the configuration and master.

Note - SAP version - 4.7

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Were you able to resolve this?

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use substitution reason 0004

Strategy as Blank

Outcome as B

try this and revert back if you need any further help

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Santosh,

I tried this, it doesnt help...for this i had to additonally do item cat detrm for PSA1 and PSA2...but still doesnt meet the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

psa1 and psa2 are useful when product selection will take place only in the order level but if you want to in delivery also use pshp and psel

and just check all setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i know and i have already checked all the settings. Please share the solution if you have applied it somewhere.