cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system name define

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed EHP 6 for ERP 6.0 Production system .

Now I have to create the logical system names ,if I create directly in production it will create Transport request ,Is it suggestible directly can we create i logical system name in Production or we need to create in Development and move to quality and production ?

My second query is I need to Put client information SAP login (while we enter the details of User name and password) Right hand side ,If we create in production directly it will create TR .

Please suggest the best practice

Advance Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For requirement -1:

You can create a TR in development with entries for Production and transport the same to Production.

It is a common practise followed.

For Requirement -2 :

You need to manually modify this in Production and create a TR. Later release this TR in Production so that objects are not locked.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response.

Please correct me if I am wrong

I will go to the Development Server BD54 and create logical system name accordingly to Production client Ex:PRD300  and create TR and release and import in to Quality then Production server.

Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. The steps are correct.

You may either include all the entries in BD54 to be part of TR or Transport only selected ones  using menu option Table view -> Transport.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

exactly,

this is the standard procedure followed.

thnks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you create logical system at  any of one(DEV,QAS,PRD),It will create TR  by give logical name.

As per my knowledeg no need transport.What is use of Logical system, it is define client.

WR,

PHB