Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how scn prioritizes my question ?

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have posted several questions in SCN most often with quick response. For field engineers like me it greatly helps.However i have come across experienced members telling me to close the question and not leave it open ,i dont intentionally leave it open .I close it but sometimes it misses my eyes that i leave it without closing just like forgetting to lock the doors.

if you consider questions there are 3 variants

1.opened type

2.closed type

3.closed but needs to be re opened again ie answered question but needs to be re-opened again to get a few additional ideas relevant to the same question.

In that case

how SCN will prioritize my questions and which gains the greater visiblity amoung experts?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RO,

SCN does not prioritize questions;  SCN is not a help desk.  Answers you may have received quickly always came from a member who VOLUNTARILY logged onto SCN with the desire to help another person with an SAP problem.  As such, each SCN member has their own methods for deciding which question(s) they choose to answer first.

For members whose purpose is to log on and answer question, there are some filters and sorts which can be used to focus their attention to specific types of discussions.  Some members choose to use these capabilities.  I personally only use RSS feeds to review SCN.

You have been participating in SCN for quite a while now.  Ask yourself the question:  When you log on, and your purpose is to answer a question, and not just to ask a question, how do YOU prioritize your efforts?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

well reasoned DB,anyways i wish and am pretty sure i will grow to a point where i answer others questions and help them out- i do understand posing a question is relatively  easy but one has to endure lots of stress to try and get an answer from the system-i am not really expecting a cakewalk for me but i want to make sure if i am really proceeding in the rite direction ,most of my questions will not expect direct answer it would expect some "tips" "clue" "idea" so from that point i can take my stress forward-now as an one-man army feeling proud to be Arnold of APO terrain.its enough i get some moral support the rest i will take care

Former Member
0 Kudos

RO,

SCN forums survive only under the premise that some members contribute answers from time to time. 

Based upon the credentials you posted last year, I would imagine that you are fully qualified to answer questions in at least some of the forums, your modesty needn't hold you back from contributing. Many newbies would be eager to benefit from your expertise....

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Perhaps they're asking you to mark the correct answer? Doing so doesn't lock the thread and other members will still be able to respond with additional information. This also applies if you answered your own query (yes, you can mark your own reply as correct if you found the answer on your own).

It can be considered to be bad form to ask for a thread to be 'closed' but it is important to do this because other members that later have the same query will find your thread and see clearly what the answer is. Have a look at these resources: