Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack.xml file error

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Doing my up-gradation of EHP4 to EHP6 in Windows 2008 R2 + MSSQL 2008 in test server, The file generated from Mopz is for my quality server and this file is not matching to the Test server, is there any way to edit or jump to next step of upgradation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the error message you are getting. You should not manually edit the file. If there is a issue with the stack.xml file then it should be corrected and new stack.xml file should be created.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

Check the attached file,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me what stack file is stack_cipi.xml and you are providing stack21.xml.

Please post the log of targetsystemversion.html from the log directory.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip

Where you are downloaded the SPS files, keep the Stack.xml file in the same folder,  and then try. same issue we faced in our installations.

Kindly refer the SCN link http://scn.sap.com/thread/3346803

Thanks

Sriram

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check if the directory have correct permission for the <sid>adm user. I hope this is the correct stack.xml you are using.

A common reason for this error is that you provide the path to the stack.xml (excluding the file name).

Please make sure that you are using the correct stack.xml file generated from the MOPZ. Make sure the directory which have the stack.xml have correct permissions. And make sure that you provide the

complete path including stackfile neme to the SUM tool

Please update me accordingly with the details.

Reagrds,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And another thing that you asked can you change the xml file .

Please check the below two notes.

If you have generated stack file for one system and want to get for another system . Please check the below note.

1. Note 1795851 - MOpz: stack xml copy report corrections
  2. Note 1656579 - MOPZ: copy stack xml report correction

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Why do you have forward slashes "/" in the path.

On Windows backward slashes "\" are used.

Regards

RB

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

As i informed i took a copy of  QAS server to test server, Host name i changed in the .xml file(SAPQAS to SAPTEST) and after that while am attaching the .xml, its showing so many software components are missing,If am correct we have to download all these software components with .xml file.I checked all the permissions, everything is ok.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip

In this case you can configure the SAPTEST system to solution manager from there once again calculate from MOPZ take the new stack.xml file. Before calculating pls check the current SPS level in all the SAP software components

Thanks

Ram

former_member183788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bejamin,

Am just selecting the file, the system is generating the slashes.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Try replacing the forward slashes with backward slashes and see if that helps.

Else try with a different version of SUM.

One question:

Is the stack file kept along with the SP's and Kernel files for the upgrade ?

Make sure the stack file is kept in the directory where all the files are kept.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the I: drive a mounted network share?  If yes, then try using the UNC name (\\servername\sharename\EPS\in) instead of the mounted drive.  The latest SUM seems to have a problem with mounted shares.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the Stack file generated was correct.You can regenerate the stack file again and check.

Check the owner and persmission of the Stack file

If i check the screen shot of your SUM, the path which has been chosen is showing incorrect

Also you can check the TargetSystemVersionReport.html for more error

If you want to update the patches manually, you can select the another option

Manually Prepared Directory and provide the path of the patches where you have stored and continue

Thanks & Regards

Amit Shedge