Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning procedure

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am preparing to conduct  a planning run in PPDS while investigating MAT1 i came across ...this planning procedure .Can you please suggest a

document that provides clarity on planning procedure 1,2,3,4,5,  so that i can choose what my business requires  thanks

documentCan you please suggest a document that best explains the

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please refer the AP help link which give you detailed information about PP planing procesure and OSS note 439596.

Standard Planning Procedures - Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) - SAP Library

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

biplob_chowdhury15
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

STANDARD PLANNING PROCEDURE:

1- Manual with check. This procedure used for important components for which you have to check the material availability, For these components, you have already built up stocks or created receipt elements prior to the receipt of a sales order. The availability check is executed according to PP/DS logic.

2 -Manual without check. This planning procedure used for if you want to plan a product manually. To cover requirements for the product, you must create receipts manually or by using a heuristic.

3- Cover dependent requirements immediately. This planning procedure if you want the system to automatically plan a product immediately. For this planning procedure, the system automatically covers new or changed dependent or stock transfer requirements for a product by immediately creating new receipts. You should only use this planning procedure for the Capable to promise. In this process, you use this planning procedure for the finished product and for the components.

4- Planning in the planning run. This planning procedure if you do not want the system to automatically plan a product immediately after a planning-relevant event occurs, but rather during the next net change planning run, using a heuristic.

5-Multi level ATP Check. This planning procedure for scenarios in which you only want to create procurement proposals in PP/DS by converting ATP tree structure. The multilevel ATP check is an example of this type of scenario. It is typical for this planning procedure that the system does not react to the typical planning-relevant events or – as for most master data changes – reacts by re-exploding orders. Procurement proposals should only result from the conversion of the ATP tree structures.

7-Length based planning procedure. This is used for LPP functionality. For example- Cable Industries, they are measuring product like 1pc=1000M

From standard you can config. as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Biplob

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks biplob i will transalate the above therory into actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you are planning to conduct planning run in PPDS , most commonly used procedure is 4- Planning in planning run. If you are looking for more specific details, you can go thru below links & screenshots

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm70/helpdata/en/64/dca63be2bc331be10000000a114084/content.htm

Hope this gives you some idea.

Rgds,

Kiru