Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSXMB_Restart_Messages creates new alert emails

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I have alert configuration done in my system . Report rsxmb_restart_messages  runs every 15 min  to restart failed messages it is happening that it is also creating multiple  alert emails

Please guide how to stop this , if I check suppress multiple alerts , I am not getting a single alert

Thanks

Ninad Sane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

--> if I check suppress multiple alerts , I am not getting a single alert

try to refresh cache and then create a new alert with suppress multiple alerts it will work.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Any clues

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ninad,

The system will trigger alerts when rsxmb_restart_messages is scheduled if the error is not sorted out.

However you can limit the number of retries so that the number of errors is controlled.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever restarted messages fails it will definitely trigger the alert. that is the functionality of alert.

you can make report run once in some hours. in that window you can take your time to analyse the errors.at the end you can cancel the message.

Please guide how to stop this , if I check suppress multiple alerts , I am not getting a single alert

if you check suppress multiple alerts you have to confirm the first alert. then only you will get next alerts. here you might not have confirmed the alerts. that is why you are not getting any alerts.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ambrish , What I did is scheduled report  RSALERT_PROC  which will delete the old messages in alert inbox .

I also have "suppress alerts "  checked in alert rule

Now I am not getting any alerts for that  particular interface even though there are no messages in system .

It has stopped all the alerts , atleast I should get alerts for new messages which are failing from  that interface

any help appreciated