cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to find Modeling : Datawarehousing Workbench Modeling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have worked lot on SAP BO but there's a new requirement for SAP BI consultant in my project which demands to learn Datawarehousing workbench and BW . I am new to it . Request to please clarify below questions.

1. What is SAP BI and SAP BW . Is there a difference between them ?

2. I installed the "SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version 32 bit " for learning purpose. Installation went fine. But i couldn't find " Modeling > Datawarehousing Workbench : Modeling under SAP Easy Access Menu. 

I am using  BCUSER/abcd1234 to lo onto the system.

3. When i use  /nrsa1  , i get  below screen   , i couldn't understand below what it means. so i didn't went ahead

4.  Have i installed the correct tool to learn about BW (creating Infoview etc)

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the screen shot for logical system.Please login in SCC4 and check that if logical client name is in there. If not open the client and add a name.

To add name in client scc4 .

Goto BD54 and add a name in there.

Then use that name in SCC4 logical name save it.

For this you will have to open the client in scc4. Please change the red option to open the client.

Once you give the name you will not get the warning.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manjaree,

1. There is infact no difference between SAP BW and SAP BI. It's just naming convention. From version 7.x, it is known as SAP BI. previously in version 3.x, it was known as SAP BW.

2. For the errors, you are encountering, please go through the below link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/845046

Please assign points, if you find it useful.

Thanks,

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh ,

After  going through the link , i created a  logical system T90CLNT090  for client 001 ( iam not sure if this is correct or not ). but now i need to create a request  . I gave some description of request and a request is created as NSPK900002.  now After assigning the logical system to client 001 ,i am prompted to  Replicate Metadata .what is this  ?

which metadata is it trying to replicate

If i choose to replicate  and then it asked me to select the source system as shown below.

i choose to use File , as i think  for BW i need to give some source on which it will do its ETL

Any pointer about these things or any manual or step by step pdf  or book which can explain what all these things are ?

Am i on right track .?  someone please assist ..

Regards/Manjari