Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InterCompany Dropshipment between two plants of Different company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

We are have the following situation :

We have two plants belonging to two different company codes .

Plant A - which receives the demand from the customer . Plant A belongs to Company code C1

Plant B - which actually ships to the customer - Plant B belongs to company code C2

The goods are delivered from Plant A to Plant B and plant B , just ships it to the customer and the customer pays Plant B .

We need to create a solution for which where in we can maintain tracebility of the parts throughout from the time we receive the demad from customer

to the time they are delivered . Also Plant B will pay Plant A once it receives payment from customer .Hence there needs to be a correlation for every shipment which is coming out of Plant A sent to Plant B and then in turn sent to Customer . Could you please suggest the best process in SAP which can be adapted for this situation with just functional customization

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not using MRP to bring in the inter-company purchasing requirements. Then my initial suggestion is to use a field in the Sales Order and the STO as references.  A BADI or userexit may assist with the control and logic.  You could use a Z table as a reference too.

SO No  Reference   STO No.   Reference

Then develop a Z report to link these STO's and SO's.

Hope it helps

Waza

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plant A - which receives the demand from the customer . Plant A belongs to Company code C1

Plant B - which actually ships to the customer - Plant B belongs to company code C2

Please clarify one thing why you are asking Plant B to delivery the goods to customer what is the business requirement? please update.

As per my knowledge when plant A having goods -Company code C1 it self receive the order from the customer  why can't you do it in standard process itself?

why are you transferring goods from Plant A-B and asking B to ship the goods to customer

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all ,

I have done the configuration accordingly , however I would like to understand how the payments can be processed between Plant B and Plant A . In the inter-company Billing scenario which we have created between C1 and C2 , we have used  the same delivery document for creating two invoices .

One invoice for the customer ( An AR invoice ) and another ( AR invoice ) which has been raised between C1 and C2 . Now we are facing a question on how will C2 company code process any payments based on just an AR document which is there in SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Have you tried looking at third party delivery?

here is SAP aid if you need http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dd/560287545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

All you really need to do is make your other plant into a vendor.

Hope this helps,

saranglonkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope below link will help you

I worked on this, this is working fine

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Copy+of+INTER+COMPANY+BILLING

Regards

Sarang M. Lonkar

former_member186385
Active Contributor