cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Netweaver7.3 PI installation - rsecssfx file not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm facing an issue while installation of SAP Netweaver 7.3 PI with Oracle on Linux. The issue come while ABAP Secure Store set-up as a part of installation. Below is the screen shot of the error.

Please let me know what could be missing here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You may need follow steps below

Go to -- '/usr/sap/SNW/SYS/exe/uc/linuxx86_64...

Check for file "rsecssfx" & permissions/ownership

correct the permissions if required

If file is not there, Please download the relevant kernel from service market place & apply.

Give a retry

Thanks,

Dushyant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for you time. Issue is now resolved.

Was able to locate the rsecssfx file in the Kernel. Thanks, Ashish!

The kernel was in-correct for particular SWPM version. Downloaded the correct Kernel from the Market Place and the error was resolved.

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

As mentioned in the screenshot, in extracted kernel, executable rsecssfx is missing.

Copy the same from any other SAP system to /usr/sap/SNW/exe/uc/limux* location and retry the installation.

If kernel is not extracted by SAPinst, extract the same manually and retry sapinst installation.

For the same error, you may refer to this URL also.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3369905

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

If you still face issue after kernel extraction, try to upgrade kernel. Some times it works. Any remember to take a backup of kernel before experimenting.

Regards,

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I don't have any other SAP system, we are setting up the first one. Do you know exact location of rsecssfx in the kernel? I tried searching for this file in the folder, but don't find one. It could be inside one of the SAR file, but there are 88 SAR files. So if you could provide some identifier to locate this rsecssfx file, it would be great.

Thanks!

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

This file comes with Kernel SAR files. SAPEXE*.SAR

You can refer note Note 1757059 - rsecssfx: Fixes for the command line

where in down the page, you can get the SAR file location based on your OS 32 bit or 64 bit.

You can check your SAR file using below command:

/sapmnt/SID/exe/SAPCAR -tvf <Nameof SAR file> | grep -i rsecssf

-tvf will give just the info and it will not extract the content. Once you get your SAR file, you can use -xvf syntax.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

could you please give the logs.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navin,

PFA the sapinst.log file. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks!