Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special surchage calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a new requirement as below ,and I don't know how to satisfy:

We had a new surchage which is currency surchage ZS18, it is regarded as revenue account, it is used for charge our customer due to exchange fluctuation loss, and we had another surchage which is packing surchage ZS10, and it should calculate based on net price plus currecy surchage, let's say net price is 100, currency surchage is 10, then packing surchage rate is 10%, so totally taxable price should be (100+10)*10%=11, as per SAP standard, surchage is calculated based on net price normally, so how can I satisfy above reqirement? Do I need to create a new calculation type or based type? If so, what abap code would that be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How you tried using Step # and Sub Totals feature logic to achieve this requirement ?

Tell me if you need help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't try, could you give me more specific steps?

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could have them in the following way:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step #  / Cond. Type /  Text                                       From  /   To     /  Sub Total

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAA                              Net Price              

XXX        ZS18             Currency Surcharge              AAA

BBB                              Net Price w. Cur. Surc.         AAA        XXX     Y - One of the not used one.

CCC       ZS10              Packing Surcharge               BBB

DDD                              Net Price W. All Surc.           BBB       CCC

Please note that you should be aware of whether these surcharges are taxable & act accordingly.

Get back to me if you need any further clarification.

Should be self explanatory.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sea,

I did as follow which is not same as you, but it works anyway, any suggestion about that? And could you tell me why you use subtotal in your example? and yes, I had taken tax thing into consideration and it is taxable.

Step #  / Cond. Type /  Text                                       From  /   To     /  Sub Total

BBB       ZS10              Packing Surcharge               AAA    XXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, I used Sub Total so that the pooled amount is set into a Sub Total and from there, in the next step, that amount is used to calculate the Packing Surcharge.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to set it to non taxable then?

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The step where you have Net Price should be used for the purpose of Tax Calculations. That is all it is.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am thinking if there is another scenarios like this, what am I supposed to do? e.g. there is another surcharge ZS75 1% of net price  ZS77 = (ZS75+Net price) * %, if we still use steps and subtotal, they will affect ZS18 ZS10 ...

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the reason pricing procedure design has to be made after lot of discussions with business. You have to live with it for a long time. 

We have to make sure we have logical chunk of buckets for:

• Base Price
  • Discounts
  • Surcharges
  • Freight - which is a surcharge but can be potentially handled different than other surcharges based on taxability
  • Taxes,
  • Etc.

I am not in a position to comment on this unless I know more. If this is a real requirement post the full details of the Pricing Procedure in Excel and then we can see.    

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sea,

I think I can explain here,

Let's say we have another surcharge ZS75 surcharge 5, ZS77 surcharge 6, and it is said ZS77=(net price +ZS75)* rate %, and they have nothing to do with ZS18,ZS10 and other surcharges, IF i do like below, then the 2nd net price will calculate as net price + ZS18+ZS10 which is incorrect, do you think any other ways to do that?

BBB       ZS10              Packing Surcharge               AAA    XXX

CC1       net price

CCC      ZS75           surcharge 5

DDD     ZS77             surchage 6                                CC1 CCC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there updates?

Answers (0)