cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Imported in Wrong Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

I was importing language PT in a recently installed ERP (it has only default clients 000 and 001). I know i must import languages in client 000, but i accidentally performed the installation in 001.

Should i just import it in client 000 again? And after that, what extra steps must i perform? Maybe i need to supplement in 000 and 001?

Also i need to import language support packages, because  system was already in SPS8 before language import. If i import in language SPS in Clnt 000 must i do anything in 001?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Do you have a SAP database backup before performing the language import ?

If yes, restore the same and later perform the language import from client 000.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Additionally refer SAP note Note 18601 - Frequently asked questions about language transport

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyway, i reread all the notes yo provided, i had already passed by them.

I reinstalled PT language, although I am not sure I needed that. The notes referred that i could install the languages as many times as needed, so I did (i guess it could not hurt, it could only help).

Also i installed Support Package for languages (because system had already SPS8 before the languages), and i will leave supplementation for last.

I hope I'm right any thoughts?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Please give it a try. Once the installation is done you may later perform langauge supplementation.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you need to install PT language only in a pertiular client login into that client.

If you need to install PT Language in all clients login to 000.

Tcode: SMLT

Goto: Language->Clasify

Select Language “PT” and Supplementation Language “English”

So you might have to do the option again.

Depending on requirement given by End User, Select “Import in current Client “ or “Import into All Client”.

IMP: You need to login to client specified by End User if you want to use option “Import in Current Client”.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.