cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Payment Methods on employee vendor

richard_wingerd2
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are experiencing an issue with where a small number of our employee vendor records contain multiple payment methods.

On our reference vendor, we have the payment method set as “A” for direct deposit since 99% of our payments are direct deposit. 

However, for the few payments that are made by check, when the employee vendor record is created the employee vendor record shows the payment method as “AB”.  “A” for direct deposit and “B” for check.

My expectation is that the payment method on vendor record would be overwritten by what is stored on the employee IT0009 like all of the other information in the vendor record, but that is not occurring.

I thought I could resolve the problem by not have a payment method selected on the reference vendor, but we have payment method set as a required field.

Has anyone else experienced this situation? 

Any suggestions on how to prevent the multiple entries for payment method?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

as far as I can see from the coding (Program RPRAPAFO_ALV form line 514 onwards):

- infotype 0009 does not overwrite payment methods.

- PRAA adds the payment method from IT0009 to the allowed payment methods on the template vendor.

- If the employee vendor already exists, so it's just an update, it adds IT0009 payment methods to the existing payment methods in the vendor.

This is in line with what I seem to remember from the last project, where we had cheque payment alongside bank transfer (but it's a long time ago, so I rather checked the code than trust my memory 😉  ).

It also seems some defaults from FI config come into play, but I'm not too familiar with that.

Not sure, whether the above explains your issue, as it's not entirely clear to me what happened in what sequence in your system, but I hope this helps to shed some light on it.

kind regards

Sven

richard_wingerd2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sven.

Your response confirms and explains what we are experiencing.  Between the way our FI module is setup and the way we want the vendor setup, it appears that our only solution is to run a query to identify vendors with multiple payment types and manually correct the vendors.  Thankfully, it is only 1 or 2 vendors corrections per month.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard.

I also to try customizing new subtypes,

Jandoval Nascimento

0 Kudos

Hi Richard

Are you trying to send IT0009 subtype 00 AND subtype 02? If so then even with the BAdI/user exits this is not possible as only one instance of IT009 can be processed (e.g. one subtype or the other)

Sally