Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with /SCMTMS/PROCESS_TRIGGER_BGD Background job

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are working in SAP TM 8.1

We have been a scheduled background job for every 5 min for program /SCMTMS/PROCESS_TRIGGER_BGD as per note 1747234. Everything is fine till last 2 days.

But all of sudden jobs are getting cancelled and we see lot of dumps in ST22, we see lot of lock entries in SM12 and fluctuating the number of records in table /SCMTMS/D_TRIGHD.

We have found couple of latest notes, not found actual reason for implementing them or how these notes would help me to fix this issue.

Again, Today jobs are getting finished properly and not many dumps in ST22. But lot of lock entries in SM12 are as is.

We have been thinking why we need this job to be executed for every 5 or 10 min. Why can't we schedule this daily once in the night(when system load is less).

Can somebody help me to understand why we need this job and what are the business consequences if we schedule daily once.

Could you please also help me what should i do for fixing this issue?

Thanks,

Bharath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath,

I would recommend you to raise a message to SAP.

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you marcelo for your reply.

This issue has been solved. We have identified that there is a custom program which is scheduled in background, this program is actually trying to update the FWO's and if it is not able to update the FWO due to order is open or processing by some other user, then it is creating entries in table - /SCMTMS/D_TRIGHD.

We have corrected the custom program which was the reason for this issue.

Now everything looks fine.

Thanks,

Bharath.K

Answers (0)