Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower limit is greater than upper limit"

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

this kind of error usually happens with respect to date but when i step in production planning run it delivers this message w..r.t products..what could be the logic behind it ? any idea so that i can maneuver  from that point

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As per system standard, the error message is correct. If the field is numeric it will check lower value to upper value, if is it alphanumeric, you have to follow the alphabetic sequence for your lower and upper value. So generally for "from field", you have to mention the lower value, for "to field" you have to maintain upper value. If you want to select list of entries based on your input click the "Multiple selection" push button with yellow arrow mark and mentioned your list of input values. this option doesn't check the upper/lower sequence. Whatever the value you mentioned in the multiple selection list, system will display the output.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

yes, it is correct. System checks in alpha-numeric manner and as pert he data given by you it is wrong. Please check and follow the alpha-numeric rule.

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

well but my task is to run a planning run for that specific product alone ,logically speaking i need to supply the fert material code alone for that single material alone ,but why it is asking for a range of product is something that is puzzling .....OR is it that the system is asking for the tail materials belonging to that specific header material ???

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per the screen shot error, product number starting with EI comes before EX in sequence and you have given EX as lower value. Please change EI as as product from values it will work for you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This is standard SAP message and always comes when lower limit is greater than upper limit -- its not specific to dates only.

To avoid this -- you can always put Lower limit smaller than upper limit.

Also try to replace character type field with numeric if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

The error message is correct.  Product numbers in the database are left-justified if they are alpha-numberic.  EX... is a higher number than EI....  Numeric entries in the database are right-justified although I don't think that makes any difference.

Best Regards,

Mike

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

ya thats true its working