cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Phase to Item DP to Initiative DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

So to say, there is an initiative with 5 DPs. There is a Portfolio Item assigned to this Initiative having 7 DPs, and the corresponding linked project has 10 Phases.

I assume the system must allow DFM settings for this scenario. We need the date and status to flow from Project to Item, and then to Initiative (for each DP). Please confirm if this works when the mapping from Phase to Item DP to Initiative DP is not one to one. Like in this case, we have 10 project phases, 7 of which are mapped to the Portfolio Item DP. And 5 out of the Item DP are mapped to Initiative DP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I am not totally sure but I think you cannot map more than one phase to the same item, could you check this?

In this case you should map the last of your phases to the DP.

Why do you need more than one phase linked to the DP??

Regards!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Clara, thanks for responding...

More than one phase mapped to one Item DP is not possible. And that's not our requirement either.

Our scenario is something like this.

Project has phase 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (let's say)

Item DPs are 2, 3, and 5 (let's say) -

• Phase 2 is mapped to DP 2;
  • Phase 3 is mapped to DP 3,
  • Phase 5 mapped to DP 5

Now, the Initiative which contains the above Item has DPs 3 and 5.

• Initiative DP 3 is mapped to Item DP 3
  • Initiative DP 5 is mapped to Item DP 5

With the above settings, The DFM in our case requires Project status to flow to Item, and Initiative; Project Phase status to flow to Item and Initiative DP - whereever aplicable. Like for Project Phase 4, for eg where there is no corrresponding Item DP, the change in status at Project Phase 4 has no impact whatsoever, in Portfolio Item and/Or Portfolio Initiative.

We are looking at a confirmation to business at this time, that this can work.

Please advise.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this should be work.

You can check the options for the links that explain some limitation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm50/helpdata/en/4a/dc7edc865d22afe10000000a42189b/content.htm