Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different threshold for different filesystems alert in SAP

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need a help. We are receiving CCMS alerts for all filesystems. We have this set up using saphostagent.  We have one problem. Whenever we set a threshold for alert (like 90%) for any filesystem in RZ20. It gets reflected to all the filesystems.
But we have different filesystems. Some have 400 GIG space where even 90% is not a stage to worry and we can take time to clear space or to add space. But few filesystems have only few hundreds of MB and even 80% is alarming for such filesystems.

This way we need to set different thresholds for different filesystems. Please advise how is tha possible

Thanks
Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use Edit > Properties > Use for individual MTE when changing the properties of a particular filesystem in RZ20 so the rest are left unchanged.

Regards, Juan

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Yes; tried this earlier but it reflects in all filesystems. As all filesystems are falling under one MTE 'filesystems'.  Under Filesystems; we can edit any node; but it gets reflected in all.

Thanks

Varun

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have use this in the past without issue, if you go to the MTE FilesystemPercentageUsed of the individual filesystem on RZ20 it should work.

Can you give me details of where are you making the changes?

Regards, Juan

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I am trying as below

RZ20 > SAP CCMS Monitor templates > Filesystems > In next screen it shows all filesystems

Then I select anyone of these (like /usr/sap/trans) and > Properties > Performance attribute. Here I changed threshold values and saved.

The same got reflected in all filesystems present under MTE 'Filesystems'. Example : /oracle/SID and /sapmnt/SID also got their threshold changed as same

Thanks for looking into this

Regards

Varun

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun ,

in RZ20 --> SAP CCMS Monitor Templates  --> Filesystems -

Select the file system for which you want to modify and click on properties and then Edit --> Properties -->Use for Indivial MTE  --> and then save .

you can check if entry appears in indiviual MTE or not from RZ20 .

Properties section --> MTE- specific properties

after that you can change the thresholds and then save . Now check others if threshold changed for other or not .

Hope this helps

Thanks

Manas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... The way to do it is RZ20 > SAP CCMS Monitor templates > Filesystems > Under the filesystem select the Percentage Used and then go to properties that will show you the MTE FilesystemPercentageUsed then make the change and Edit > Properties > Use for individual MTE

Regards, Juan

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Manas and Juan

It worked fine

Regards

Varun

Answers (0)