Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Triggers Change User Group, Account Validity, and Lock User

TiffanyHerring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I’m in need of some help.  We are using GRC 5.3 and I’m implementing HR triggers for withdrawals.  When a person is withdrawn, the CUP requestt should locks the user, change the user group on the user master to TERM, and adjust the validity date on the user master to the withdrawn date.  I have the user account lock working for the withdrawal subtypes, but I’m having trouble adjusting the validity date and the user group. 

In the HR Trigger Actions, one the User Group tab, I have User Group equal to Yes and User Group Name equal to TERM.  For the rules attributes, I have infotype 0000 configured for each withdrawal subtype (7X, 8X, and 9X).  I added an attribute for Infotype 0041 (Date Specifications).  For IT0041, I set field DAT03 (which is the terminated date) equal to $GLTGB (the valid to date field on the user master record). 

Can someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiffany,

Please refer to the below mentioned wiki link :-

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/HR+Trigger+workflow+in+5.3

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Yukti Sharma

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiffany,

Please refer to the below mentioned wiki link :-

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/HR+Trigger+workflow+in+5.3

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Yukti Sharma

0 Kudos

Thanks Yukti,

I'm familiar with this document and it has been helpful.  I just want to know if there is anything wrong with the rule that I configured.  I can't understand why it's not working.

0 Kudos

Hi Tiffany,

please ensure that the SU01 fields are correctly mapped, and that the request type has the correct actions defined.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

NJ

0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

The request type that I created has the following actions: change_user, lock_user, assign_roles, and user_defaults.  I also created a path with no_approval, as approval isn't needed to perform the actions mentioned.  I think that there may be something incorrect associated to the field mapping, I'm just having trouble figuring that part out. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, i am facing the same problem. i want to use HR Triggers on GRC 10.0 i would like to understand how to create BRF Rules, i used  SAP Note 1591291 and follow steps.

Tiffany:

Do you have some information of how yo did that to match infotypes i need to replicate the same scenario but using GRC 10.0

Thanks

Picho