SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Sessional Registration for Previous Sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a function module to change the data of sessional registrations for previous sessions, not current registration session. In standart piqst00 t-code system doesn't allow change for previous sessional registrations. I need this because there are two types of  registration types in customizing for the same registration type, some students have one, the other students have another registration type. For now I have to maintain this situation in every program using registration type unless I change the previous registration types of students. Is there anyone having an idea for solution?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deniz,

Try Extended maintenance mode of student file PIQST10.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deniz,

Try Extended maintenance mode of student file PIQST10.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Can you please tell me the difference between PIQST00 and PIQST10.

Regards,

Sandeep

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The Student File in SAP SLcM contains two dialog transactions: 

• The “standard” student file dialog transaction (PIQST00)
  • Extended maintenance dialog transaction (PIQST10) offers additional, expert, maintenance functions

The Extended Maintenance dialog transaction contains additional expert functions
for editing academic work records:  

• You should have special authorization to access the extended maintenance.
  • The extended maintenance dialog should only be used in exceptional cases; e.g., to
    correct errors or change (registration, grade, etc etc) data which cannot be changed with standard functions.

Cheers

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for the information

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much for helpful answers. I was looking for changing registration data of students in mass, not individually. We wrote a small program using the function module HRIQ_WRITE_INFTY_BUFFERED to change the infotype 1770 which holds the registration type. That solved my issue.

Thanks,

Deniz.

0 Kudos

Deniz,

I don't recommend directly using Info-type function modules to update SLCM related info-types. They don't have enough checks for data integrity. Here is the function module "HRIQ_STUDENT_REG_CHANGE_RFC" to change registration record.

Regards,

Prabhat Singh