Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table cell with two different font color formats

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends.

I have the following requirement :

The cells in a survey form need to have two idioms each question. Each cell with a question in an portuguese language, following its translation in the same cell in english.

I already did this. A question in original language and its translation to english in the same cell.

But functional asked to me to original language in black color and its translation in english in blue color (in the same cell).

How can I achieve this requirement ?

thanks in advance.

Glauco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about the possibility of displaying 2 different colors in one cell. But here is one option. This is possible if you have the predefined number of questions.

The idea is to use two cells one below the others by dissolving the middle border. so that it will look like one cell. And for each cell we can give separate color by using the FONT COLOR in Font palettes.

Thanks,

Krishna

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna.

Your suggestion works fine now, independent of number of lines.

Did not worked like as Rakesh have said, to Create  text, right click "floating field"...because I could not find this option here "floating field"...

Solution:

It worked when I changed type of field to subform and put (dragged & dropped) the 2 fields inside this one cell. Yes, I had to divide my question in internal table in two columns. Now I have, in the internal table, a column with portuguese question and a new one with english question.

On this way I can format english field font to blue. This working fine.

The subform, I had to choose flow option.

thanks in advance.

Glauco

Message was edited by: Glauco Kubrusly

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glauco,

In initialize event of the field, use 'fillcolor' function like below

if (lang = 'E') then

$.fillcolor = <color>

else

$.fillcolor = <color>

Thanks,

Rakesh

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh.

My logon language in ECC is always Portuguese. I fill portuguese+English in each cell.

e.g. like a cell value:

Pergunta exemplo?

Example question?

The logon language is always portuguese, but I can find both portuguese and English with READ TEXT FM and put both in same cell.

How can I do this formating?

Can I use concatenate of a word like inside cell content like bellow ?

>>'PT'<portuguese phrase>'EN'<English Phrase> ?

Can I do a logic asking if the content 'PT' on...(Black)...'EN' on...(blue) like a offset ?

Or does have another logic ?

And how to use <color> system variable ?

thanks in advance.

Glauco

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glauco,

Instead of concatenating, use floating cells and place two fields one for 'Portuguese' and other 'English'.  For Portuguese, Make default color as 'Black' and 'English' Make default color as blue.  I guess, this don't require scripting, if this approach could solve the issue.

Fyi.  color syntax.

$.fillcolor = (0-255,0-255,0-255) Select the Red, Green, Blue combination, You could get all colors.  Please go through documentation of fillcolor in below link

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=001102.html

Thanks,

Rakesh

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh.

What are you mining about floating cells ?

Is there a way to put two cells inside one cell ? is it a kind of splitting it ?

If now, how can I do that ?

PS.: I do not know how yet, but I'll try and let you know if it works.

thanks in advance.

Glauco

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can place multiple fields in a single field.  This is called floating field.  Create a plain 'Text' field and right click on it.  You will find so many options to insert in it. In that choose 'Floating field' and bind to it accordingly.

--

Rakesh

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh.

So. Do I have to separate my field into two fields in internal table, in my program ?

e.g.: In my program, in the internal table, field question will be splitted into 2 new fields : question_pt and question_en ?

So, in SFP, I put both of them, into the same cell, in the layout tab ?

Is it your suggestion ?

PS.: Sorry if my doubt is too simple. Because I'm new on adobe forms.

thanks in advance.

Glauco

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes please, it would be convienient to maintain in different fields in your program.  As you mentioned in example, that would be the correct approach. 

PS: No need to be sorry.  We are all learning here.   Its good that we have a nice platform to interact freely and express our ideas here. 

thanks,

Rakesh

glauco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

About your sugestion:

Yes, you can place multiple fields in a single field.  This is called floating field.  Create a plain 'Text' field and right click on it.  You will find so many options to insert in it. In that choose 'Floating field' and bind to it accordingly.

I couldn't find "float field" option on context menu, after inserting a new text. Remind this field is inside a linked table.

I think I'll try to find another post to learn more about floatinf fields. I think it's a different subject from my original post.

'cause I need a step by step on how to do it.

What do you think about it ?

thanks in advance.

Glauco