Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report for remaining capacity in Handling resources - SAP TM 9.0

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

when using TM 9.0 and defining handling resources for capacity calculation purposes, we would like to understand the best practice on how to check the remaining capacity on these resources once orders have already been allocated.

Is somebody familiar with this process? Is there a report available to comply with this basic business request?

Thanks for your answers

Salvador

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salvador,

Maybe something from opt log could be the initial point. I dont know if BW has info regarding handling resources...

Marcelo Lauria

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marcelo,

indeed in the optimizer explanation tool we can see the remaining resource capacity, but it's not manageable to run the optimizer every time we need an indication of the available handling capacities in TM. The information should be available by means of a report.

I am also not familiar with the link between TM and BW ...

Maybe someone else is already familiar with this kind of request and can share how it was managed.

Thanks

Salvador

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salvador,

As far as I know there´s no standard report for this purpose.

So, how could the users check the remaining capacity of a Handling Resource? Here they basically check if there are simultaneous FO or not to a specific handling resource. Remember that its capacity is defined in terms of number of operations , not weight...Do you understand what I mean?

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcelo once again.

The conclusion is basically that we will have to make our own report for this topic... It's still not acceptable from a business point of view not to have visibility on capacity usage/consumption for the loading/unloading resource, for example.

Let's keep ourselves posted in case we could work out something in the short term.

Salvador

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salvador,

I think TM is not the best tool to analyze this kind of information. Maybe EWM is...

Regards, Marcelo