cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Element values not getting displayed in PS report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a form and report in CJE4 (Form1) and CJE1 (Report1).  In the form a value category is assigned (PS-USEXP)  The value category has been assigned with cost element group (also PS-USEXP).  Cost element C1 is present in the assigned cost element group.

A project was created and a purchase order was raised with a project related WBS element and GL account as C1 - the primary cost element.  Now on executing the report (Report1), it should display the value stored in cost element C1 as this is assigned to the particular value category.  But the value is not getting displayed at all.  To my surprise, if is assign another value category (PM-EXM-US) in the form, the C1 value is displayed in the report.  I really couldn't understand this behavior. 

To cross check the assignment, I have checked CJVC - Value category analysis and found cost element is assigned to only one value category is is green in color.  Also I checked table TPIK3 table where i could see the following,

1. Value category PS-USEXP is assigned to Cost Element group PS-USEXP

2. Value category PM-EXM-US is assigned to none.

Please help me understand if there are any other place to assign cost element to value category apart from OPI2 (PS component) and OKI2 (PM component)

Regards,

Sathesh Selvamani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

I am also facing same issue hence please let me know if you got the solution for the issue?

Thanks.

Raj

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathesh,

Both value categories should be defined in OPI2 as PS component (OPI2)  in order to appear correcly in the PS reporting. Could you check this?

Regards

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I checked in OPI2 only assignment is there for PS-USEXP.   The value category assignment PM-EXM-US is not present in OPI2.  But the strange part is if I go to OPI1 and delete PM-EXM-US, it is giving the error - Commitment Items still assigned to this category.  This is where I couldn't understand what might be the problem.

Regards,

Sathesh

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathesh,

You need to display the cost by value categories in PS reports, then you need to add them in OPI2 ( PS-USEXP and PM-EXM-US).

Other topic is delete a value category, this requieres some steps. But really do you need delete the value category PM-EXM-US from OPI1? ( it is used to display the costs in the maintenance order)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thank for your reply and sorry for the delay in my response.  I have added Cost element in Cost element group PS-USEXP.  Now the cost element group is assigned to Value category PS-USEXP.  I checked in CJVC (Analysis of value categories) and it is showing green.  But the value are not getting displayed.

Regards,

Sathesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Is there any table where it is possible to see the link between cost element and value category..?

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathesh,

The vakue category is assigned to a cost element group or to a range cost element in table TPIK3.

Regards