cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS Information Rights Management, Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understand SAP doesnt provide protection to documents once it leaves its server. So how can encrypt the documents which are downloaded so that only authorized users can access?

Also Can somebody please clear my doubt regarding archiving and retrieving

I have 3 scenarios

1. Doc A: is already attached to a production order.

2. Doc B: associated to a production order. But didnt get attached before it got closed. So user wants to upload a doc B and attach to respective prod order. How to do it?

3. Doc z: Not related to any production order. Just an adhoc quality related general info doc. where to store it?

Qn: 1. How to retrieve them on a search of production order or search of key words. How long would it take?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand your requirement, you will need to use Opentext PDMS solution which can be configured for user access as well as full text search while providing strong integration to SAP DMS info records. PDMS can be used to store/access information even without direct transaction on leading applications like SAP. The search will be instantaneous.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the update.

I understood the part regarding search.

But what about folder wise storage?

Will it be possible to store adhoc reports in custom folders(tree like hierarchy) in SAP and then assign permission rights to it?

Basically the way we see files in Shared Drive, is there a way to show it in SAP DMS? Can Easy DMS do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For folder wise storage you can configure content repository and can use the same in Open text.

Answers (0)