cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitement Values in PS

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using both SAP and other system in our scenario. With SAP, we do project structure creation and budgeting. However project accounting related activities like PO, GRN are done in other external system.  As we are not using MM, POs are not replicated in SAP. However for budget control, we need to update commitment values in SAP. To update commitment values, we are planning to use funds commitment using FMZ1 tcode. by using this, commitments get updated and also the budget report looks ok. To update the actual costs in SAP against a project, we do financial posting against a WBS with a value equal to GRN value in other system. While posting this journal entry, is there any way we can refer the funds commitment value created for WBS earlier, so that commitment value reduces as of actual cost. One work around  I am looking is, while posting journal entry, I should first reduce the commitment value and then post the same amount.

Please let me know if you have solution to this.

Regards,

Laxminarasimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to following link which talks about the reduction of fund commitments

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/17/aea93769928b7fe10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Thanks,

Sudhakar

0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood how to reduce the commitments manually in FMZ6 tcode. I would like to know if we can refer commitment documents during FI hournal entry

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of "Value type" is being created when you are using fund commitments. What I mean, value type 21 for PR is generated either from Project builder or ME51N.

Check in CJI5 or table EBAN for commitments if any created through FMZ1. Not sure.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The commitments are updated with Value type 24 i.e Funds Commitment

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxminarsimha,

There are 2 options to reduce the commitment raised by FMZ1

a) Manually by using transaction FMZ6

b) Automatically on vendor invoices when the commitment is mentioned in the account assignment block of the invoice.

Regards,

Jindow Joseph

0 Kudos

Hi Jindow Joseph,

The Invoices are created external to SAP. When invoice is created in external system, the amount is posted to the project using FI journal entry. I am not sure while posting FI journal we can refer commitment created in FMZ1 transaction.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Within standard system not possible this scenario you need to talk abaper for the same.

menas when you creating PR from sap ps commitment will create within that object,

Becuase you are not going create PO in ECC so commitment will come with that object wbs

Now you want to GRN with external system let say when you actual post to PS object as

(1 qty = 10 INR)

if you do actual post 10 INR, then system would reduce 1 qty at PR level with the account assignment wbs.

But now you are saying I should first reduce the commitment value and then post the same amount. here logic might be any input against wbs first as actual cost should be post as you said.

Rest wait for what say ps expert.....

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeev for your inputs.

We are not implementing MM module in our scenario. That is out of scope for us from SAP implementation. As and when GRN happens in external system, the corresponding value updates in SAP through FI journal. What I am looking is, while posting FI journal, can I refer the commitment created through funds commitment (tcode FMZ1) so that commitment value reduces with respect to the actual cost.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha