cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a new SAP namespace for every ABAP Add On product I create?

m4abrams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of creating an ABAP Add On product for my company and I have a question.

If i have 2 products A and B, dont they need 2 software components SC-A and SC-B?
And if they have 2 software components would that not mean they require 2 namespaces, /NamespaceA/ and /NamespaceB/ ?( I ask because the Software Component creation requires an available namespace in AAK tool. (tcode: SSDC)

Does this mean for every product I create, I have to create a new namespace with SAP as well?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Abraham,

Thank you for question.

Yes, you would need 2 namespaces to ship 2 independent software components with AAK. For further help and information, please contact your assigned ICC integration consultant.

Best regards,

Shmila

m4abrams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I just contacted the SAP ICC consultant and he confirmed the same. We need different namespaces for different software components. View his reply below.

1.  All development can appear in “main” namespace, e.g. /COMP/, (see example below)
First product can be attached to this namespace/component.

2.  For every new product use separate namespace/component: /COMPPRO1/ /COMPPRO2/        /COMPPRO3/
Apply for new namespace in SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/support)

3.  Do all development in same “main” namespace but with different packages.
Create new name-space for every product and assign the particular package to new Namespace / Software component

Example:

Package

Name Space / Software Component

/COMPPRO1/

/COMPPRO2/

/COMPPRO3/

/COMP/PACK1

X

/COMP/PACK2

X

/COMP/PACK3

X