cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in updating Global Variables (XML Type)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue regarding in updating Global Variable in MII 12.2

For the first time when the global variable is created its getting reflected in all the systems.

But when it is updated, the changes doesn't get reflected.

Have Checked it from Workbench as well from XMII tables.

Please help

Thanks

Shashank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

How are you doing the update?

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We have n number of servers in our landscape and we need to update it in each of them.
We have tried the following three methods and nothing looks working :

1. Manually updating in each server via Workbench.
2. Exporting it from one server (configuration in manu.jsp ) and importing it to other servers.
3. Updating net weaver table manually in each server.

What the best way we can do it ?

Please suggest!!

Thanks

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

I guess my first question really should have been, why use a Global Variable?  You could simply transfer an xml file between the servers.

This is a process that I have used in 12.1 for site specific servers to populate common transactions with site specific data (usually tagnames and historian names, but other info and presets as well).  How often do you need to do the updates?

You may be better off doing something without using the Global Variables which have some designed in constraints.  Generally manual updates are the way I went in years past (pre 12.2) for Global Variables.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

Yes i agree that there are other ways of doing same thing without use of Global Variables. But i am working on 6 years old design where Global Variable is used in 50+ transactions and to modify these number of transactions is not at all recommended, if we opt the other methods.

Normally, once in 4 months we need to update 1-2 Global Parameters with type as XML.

Thanks

Shashank