cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query related to Authentication Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding Authentication Mode.

A. I want to Install ABAP system on MSSQL 2008 R2. In this case, authentication mode is "Windows Authentication Mode"

B. Now I want to Install JAVA system on the same host and want to use same SQL server , then what will happen to Authentication Mode ?

for JAVA system, Authentication mode should be Mixed Mode (Windows authentication and SQL Server authentication)

Will SAPINST change the Authentication mode from Windows to Mixed while installing JAVA system for same SQL server Instance.

Regards,

Arpit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit

A) I want to Install ABAP system on MSSQL 2008 R2. In this case, authentication mode is "Windows Authentication Mode"

By using the SQL4SAP.VBS - by default it will take "Windows Authentication Mode”, if you are doing Manual installation you can select Mixed Mode

B) Now I want to Install JAVA system on the same host and want to use same SQL server , then what will happen to Authentication Mode ?

In this case, SAPinst automatically changes the authentication mode into Mixed mode.

So conclusion is that, that u can install MS SQL using VBS and later when you install SAP Dual stack or Java stack then SAPInst will automatically change the authentication scheme into "Mixed Mode".

Thanks

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arpit,

Just to complement Ram's reply, you can use the script _SqlAuth.vbs as mentioned in the readme.txt:

_SqlAuth.vbs

============

SQL4SAP.VBS always installs SQL Server in "Windows Authentication" mode. However, the script _SqlAuth.vbs installs SQL Server in "SQL Server and Windows Authentication" mode.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Single Host, Single SQL Server can have multiple instances, in this case,

1, SQL Server\ABAP -> Windows Authentication.

2. SQL Server\JAVA -> Mixed Mode Authentication.

Thanks.

Regards

Jay.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arpit,

Checking the SQL Server 2008 (R2) guide we can see:

service.sap.com/instguides

> Database Upgrades

> MS SQL Server

> Upgrade to and Installation of SQL Server 2008 (R2)

SAPinst automatically changes the authentication mode into Mixed Mode when installing a Java system.

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende