cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman Sandbox Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having Solman system as two system landscape Development & Production. This landscape is a validated one.

We are also having Solution Manager Sandbox.

Solman Sandbox is not updated one. We want to refresh the Sandbox. Which of the below option is used to refresh Solman Sandbox

1)  System Restore  & refresh from Solman Production, inclusive of post processing activity of de-activating all the Production configuration and make Solman Sandbox effective.

2.    2) Fresh build of Solman Sandbox

Regards P Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Build a new solman sandbox.

That's the best and logical approach for systems like Solution Manager.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

As Solution Manager is a dual stack the easiest option will be to restore the database of the source system (assuming it is production).

Then export just the java stack on the source system using sapinst and perform the import on the target system (sandbox).

You need to check the option "Use database specific tools" in sapinst.

I have performed this few times and it worked perfectly alright.

Regards

RB

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to refresh solman sandbox system from Production system. Then, I would suggest you to take approach of Export/Import. If you will use database restore option then you will face lot of problems to bring your As Java part up. Also, database refresh using DB specific method without As Java export of dual stack system is not recommended by SAP. Please check SAP note 795779, 529769 & 1797014.

Also, client copy in solution manager has some limitations like it cannot copy cross client data. Please refer to SAP note 1899335.

Thanks

Sunny

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have performed a DB refresh of a Prd SolMan to a Dev SolMan (release 7.01); while the ABAP side was not to bad, the Java side was a complete mess and took about a week before I could get the full stack to come online.  If you choose this route, be prepared to make a lot of changes using the offline config tool.

I don't think there is any good/easy/or fast way to do SolMan. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Do System Restore from Solman PRD system and do the post processing activity.

Regards,

Gireesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Generally , solution manager systems are always being kept isolate which doesn't require any changes to be moved from DEV to QA and to PRD like. But as scenario varies from organisation to organization based on specific needs , so you can follow any of the below processes to refresh your sandbox server :-

1. Do heterogeneous client copy with SAP_ALL profile from Solman PRD server to Solman Sandbox server. (You can choose this option if your database size is not too large).

2. Do system refresh y restoring database backup of Solman PRD server . please make sure that you  have taken backup  of various crucial system specific settings like RFC, Transport requests etc. (if first option doesn't suit you)

Regards,

Nilutpal.