Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Uploading Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In the DEV environment I am trying to upload some roles - using the standard Role > Upload file path.

And am getting the error message "The file does not contain any valid data"

I am using a 7.10 Gui and the system is being hosted by SAP.

Basically I can't upload ANY single or mass downloaded roles - from other systems.

I have tried to upload the same roles - in a different system - with the 6.40 Gui - (and am pretty sure this is on a different operating system) - and this works fine... so there is NO issue with the roles. Just that this system doesn't recognise them.

Does anyone have any ideas? My only thoughts currently are that either the GUI or the operating system is preventing the uploads?

Are there any settings that may impact this? (either GUI or PFCG)

Thanks in advance

p.s. I am trying to upload some basic project support roles to fasttrack the build of the access I will provide to the project team (ABAP display, Config., Transport etc etc) - so pretty familar with how to upload roles as I have done hundreds of times

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SAP versions are you downloading from and uploading to? Goto system ->status->component version for info.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Downloading from - SAP Solution Manager 4.0 (System 1)

Uploading to - Solution Manager - 4.0. (System 2) They are from different installations however.

If I do a download from System 2 and upload back into System 2 - it works fine.

If I try and do an upload from another system - either system 1 or a 4.6b R/3 system - doesn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Do you still have the issue? I am now getting the same issue. Trying to upload roles in to ECC. The system version is exactly the same. SAP ECC 6.0.

WS

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

as far as I remember I had a similar problem some time ago.

In this case I was working on a new installation without any customizing and there was something (I don't remember exactly) missing.

So at that time the solution was to specify also a parameter at the bottom of the dialog box which opens to enter the filename. (During upload of role.)

Hope this helps also in your case.

Regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have solved sometime back. Relates to a unicode issue.

When you are uploading the roles go:

Role > Upload >

When the file selection screen appears - change the PARAMETER setting to either:

(Default - ANSI for Unicode systems) or (Default - UTF8I for Unicode systems)

This should allow you to upload the roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all involved. I have tried this and it is working!