cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Idoc to ERP via HTTP(S)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is the recommend way to send asynchronously Idoc-XML data from PI to ERP under the following constaints:

- Customer ERP-System ECC 6.0

- PI 7.31 Single Stack

- ERP connected to PI via HTTPS over Internet

This means we cannot use the Idoc Adapter, but need to use some HTTP-URL.

So far, we have tested the following options:

1. Call the service https://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/IDoc_XML in the backend system

=> this is a nightmare, because this service makes several checks on the input and may return an error. The problem in PI is that PI skips the SOAP body (even when you turn on XPI inspector traces), and only in this body you find the relevant error information. The error in PI only says "Input not correct" which is a quite general message 😉

2. Call the service https://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/srt/IDoc in the backend system

This seems to work a bit better, but in case of error we have a similar problem as above, error message is of no help

The reason for this behaviour is probably that these 2 services are only designed for synchronous usage. Furthermore documentation for these services is very old (2004).

=> I guess these options are the wrong way. I would assume we should use the proxy functionality which is available in newer ERP systems. I have used them so far only for custom message interfaces: create message interface in PI, import this interface into the ERP-system in SPROXY, generate inbound proxy object there, and then let PI call this interface via /sap/xi/engine?type=entry (so that we are sending to the local integration engine of ERP). Can/should we use this way also for normal standard idocs ? Will it work without additional configuration (SPROXY) in ERP ? And if it works, will the messages be visible in the ERP Idoc Monitor too, or only in the proxy runtime message monitor ?

Regards,

C.Sy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does not nobody have a solution ?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, thank you, but these are the options 1 and 2, which do not work well in my case, see above,

CSY