cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning file iOS configuration policy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In-house enterprise mobile application need to be deployed via Afaria. I have a seed data as XML file and enterprise application file in .ipa format. I created an iOS Enterprise application policy and specified seed data file and .ipa file in it.  Couple of questions to move the enterprise app to the mobile devices.

1. There is a provisioning file iOS configuration policy in the Afaria. Do I need to create a provisioning file configuration policy to move my enterprise to the mobile devices. If not, where do we use provisioning file configuration policy for iOS?

2. I want to deploy the enterprise app with self service portal and users can download the enterprise app directly from the self-service portal. I have created enterprise app policy with seed data and .ipa attached to it. Do I need to place .ipa file in the self-service portal directory? If so, what is name of the file directory? or do I need to follow any additional steps to place .ipa on self-servie portal?

Could some one help me on these questions?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Steps to deploy enterprise app to mobile device.

1- Get an Enterprise apple account and genereate provisining file for your app identifier name.

2- Generate .ipa from xcode by using provising file

3- In Afaria admin create a policy called IOS Enterprise

4- On categories tab specify the .ipa path thats it.

5- then you should assing policy to a user group.

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your Answer.

Do I need to use provisioning file to generate .ipa file in XCode or create a configuration policy and give the path of provisioning in it?

Could please help me on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You Need to configuration policy for the settings.

Open Text file

configure the below code.

servername=<servername>;serverport=<serverport>;companyid=<farmid>;autoreghint=0;urlsuffix=;protocol=HTTP

Save the file in format Sybase_Messaging_com.applicationbunle name ane version.cfg

autoreghint=   

0 – No preference. The application implementation decides what is the default method to use

1 – Default to automatic registration using password authentication

2 – Default to manual registration

3 – Default to automatic registration using a provisioned certificate from Afaria. (Afaria Certificate)

4 – Default to automatic registration using certificate from a local source preferred. (Local Certificate)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Both provisioning file and confguration policy are different things. Be able to run .ipa on device you need to sign it with Apple Enterprise account (this means creating provising file).

Once you get the .ipa then you need to specify path in Afaria by creating policy as above steps.

Regards

Tahir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos