Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i delete Standard SAP item?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Requirement: On the Item screen, the moment user clicks the PROJECT button, the Project's Tasks screen should open

Standard SAP / currently: The PROJECT button has 2 options as TASKS and ROLES, we don't need ROLES, hence removing it and the user moment clicks the project button, the TASKS should open

I found the Launch pad for this PROJECT button, pls. let me know can i delete the ROLES item from the list?

Pls. see the 2 attached jpeg pics

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you can remove here ( I think there is an option to inactive instead of deleting),

If you do this the user will have to click on projects and then only will dispay task and he will have to click on tasks.

If you need the user directly Navigate to the tasks when he clicks on "projects" you  will have

- hide " project"  launchpad

-  modify the launchpad " task"( upload to the superior level) and renamed to " projects"

After changing this you need to include the changes in a trasport request

Let me know if you need further help

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

Yes, i have dragged the ROLES line and dropped in INACTIVE folder on the top (as shown in the jpeg pic)

If you need the user directly Navigate to the tasks when he clicks on "projects" you  will have

==> Yes, this is our actual requirement

- hide " project"  launchpad

==> Where to hide, i mean, how to hide, i checked the menu, righ-clicked, double clicked, i don't see any option there for hiding! pls. let me know

-  modify the launchpad " task"( upload to the superior level) and renamed to " projects"

Pls. let me know how to do this (uploading, what is superior)?

Pls. see the atttached jepg, i put the numbers, pls. let me know by mentioinuing the numbers

Thank you

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

, sorry i meant "inactive" instead of " hide". You should inactive  the folder project... You don't want to use the folder.

The task webdynpro should have the number 6 and have 1 level superior ( like timeline monitor)  you need this:

Print fact sheet.          Task.          Timeline monitor.  ( same level)

After having this you only need reamed the "task" by "project"

Then when user clicks on Project  really he will be clicking thewebdynpro task.

Not sure if it is more clear..

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Yes, i copied the 7th (Tasks) and placed at superior level (same level of Time Line Monitor), finally renamed to PROJECTS, it working fine (now, i can see a button and when user clicks it the tasks window is opening, well)

But, am unable to deactivate / invalide the PROJECT folder, 6th in the jpeg. I mean, i didn't see any options like deactive / invalid / hide / suspend options on right-clicking. menu, double clicking.

I am seeing only DELETE option, but am not sure, is it a good idea of deleting (either sub-item or folder) from the system

Pls. let me know how can get ridoff of this Projects folder (6th in jpeg)

Attaching the same/old jpeg again here as well

Thank you

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is true, folder cannot be Hidden. You need to delete it.

You can also configure in the webdynpro this folder as "hide" but I think it is cleaner to delete it.

Document your change and if you need to create again it is very easy.

Regards

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you a lot.

You can also configure in the webdynpro this folder as "hide"

If you get a chance, pls. let me know how to hide it in WD? I mean, where i hv to go to do that? bcz my lead is bit hesitating for DELETE option

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

I moved all the sub-items of PROJECT folder (from 7 to 11 as shown in the JPEG pic) into INACTIVE folder (like 3 in it), then it solved my requirement (i mean, i didn't deleted the PROJECT folder)

Now i can't see standard SAP's PROJECT button on toolbar and i am seeing my own PROJECT button, which navigates directly TASKS page

Thank you for your help    

Answers (0)