cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC - unable to create for a standard component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I have a problem in my development portal and needed to provide access to this SAP component to be made ​​a debug.

For this needed to create the DC component SAP_ESS.

I have no experience in this matter but at this point I have already set the DTR and CBS.

This is a Netweaver 7.3 Oracle 11g . HPUX

Here's the log:

Build number assigned: 36

Change request state from QUEUED to PROCESSING

REQUEST PROCESSING started at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.767 GMT

BUILD request in Build Space "DEP_DEV_C" at Node ID: 5,226,450

[id: 44; parentID: 0; type: 2]

Waiting for access: 34 ms

===== Pre-Processing =====  started at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.802 GMT

Calculate all combinations of components and variants to be built...

===== Pre-Processing =====  finished at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.822 GMT and took 20 ms

Waiting for access: 41 ms

===== Processing =====  started at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.864 GMT

No Components to be built.

BUILD DCs

===== Processing =====  finished at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.867 GMT and took 3 ms

===== Post-Processing =====

Waiting for access: 15 ms

===== Post-Processing =====  started at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.883 GMT

STORE build results... started at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.887 GMT

STORE build results... finished at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.887 GMT and took 0 ms, 0 files, 0 bytes processed

Change request state from PROCESSING to SUCCEEDED

Analyze effect of applied changes to buildspace state... started at 2013-08-22 16:27:13.888 GMT

Skip check for build time dependency cycles. DC metadata is not changed.

Determine components that have become DIRTY due to the results of this request started at 2013-08-22 16:27:14.104 GMT

No such components have been found.

Determine components that have become DIRTY due to the results of this request finished at 2013-08-22 16:27:14.106 GMT and took 2 ms

No Internal Build Requests are canceled by this request

Analyze effect of applied changes to buildspace state... finished at 2013-08-22 16:27:14.125 GMT and took 237 ms

Request SUCCEEDED

===== Post-Processing =====  finished at 2013-08-22 16:27:14.129 GMT and took 246 ms

REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2013-08-22 16:27:14.130 GMT and took 363 ms

No build log available for the request.No DC has been built in this request.

Please advise.

Best Regards

Telmo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Telmo,

could you please elaborate the steps you are following? When exactly do you see the above build log?

Have you imported all the required SCs (SAP_BUILDT, SAP_ESS, PCUIGP, etc) into development and consolidation before attempting to create a DC in your NWDS?

For which ESS DC are you attempting to create the NWDS project ?

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

"could you please elaborate the steps you are following? When exactly do you see the above build log?"

I see this log when i try to build the DC.

steps :

-> http://anspepdev.ana.pt:50000/devinf/index.html

->Component Build Service (CBS)

->choose a build space

->choose a Compartments (in this case ESS component)

-> press build

-> confirm

-> check Request Log.

"Have you imported all the required SCs (SAP_BUILDT, SAP_ESS, PCUIGP, etc) into development and consolidation before attempting to create a DC in your NWDS?

Yes i have.

I'm trying to create a DC in devinf . I don't know if this is the correct procedure  ...

I try to create the DC in nwds but it's all gray ( is not possible to select and i have the following message "Software component does not support this development component type. Required DCs are located in an SC that is not visible from the selected one.").

For which ESS DC are you attempting to create the NWDS project ?

I'm trying to see this component sap.com/ess~pt~iid (we have a problem in our income declaration).

Please ask for more information.

Do you know any manual that help set the development platform ?

Best Regards

Telmo.

ps: sorry for take so long to reply but i had problem with all my browsers ...

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Telmo,

I see.

"could you please elaborate the steps you are following? When exactly do you see the above build log?"

I see this log when i try to build the DC.

steps :

-> http://anspepdev.ana.pt:50000/devinf/index.html

->Component Build Service (CBS)

->choose a build space

->choose a Compartments (in this case ESS component)

-> press build

-> confirm

-> check Request Log.

If there is no change in any of the DCs, then there is nothing to build. If you press the Build button in CBS webui then this is exactly what happens and this is why you see the message "

No build log available for the request.No DC has been built in this request." This is normal so far.

"Have you imported all the required SCs (SAP_BUILDT, SAP_ESS, PCUIGP, etc) into development and consolidation before attempting to create a DC in your NWDS?

Yes i have.

I'm trying to create a DC in devinf . I don't know if this is the correct procedure  ...

DCs cannot be created on any of the NWDI webuis, this action has to be done in NWDS.

The procedure roughly is this: you import all the SCs into the development and consolidation spaces in cms webui, then once it is done succesfully, you start up your NWDS and import the development configuration of this track. After this you look up the DC you intend to develop, and you create a Project for it in NWDS (this action is syncing the DC to your local space for modification (check out)). If you are ready with the change then you check-in the activity, activate it, release it, etc.

I try to create the DC in nwds but it's all gray ( is not possible to select and i have the following message "Software component does not support this development component type. Required DCs are located in an SC that is not visible from the selected one.").

This happens if not all dependent SCs have been imported (on the development and consolidation tab of CMS webui). Use the SLD software Catalog (/sld --> Software Catalog) to see what dependent SCs are requried for ESS, or use the cookbook that also points out the dependent SCs (see the cookbook below).

See also this that sheds some light on the approach:

http://scn.sap.com/community/nwdi/blog/2013/08/30/step-by-step-guide-for-nwdi-configuration

This thread is about something else, but includes many useful information to you how the development cycle looks like:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3413954

Regarding ESS you will find this note also useful (use NWDI.zip from the note, and not the jdi.zip)

#872892 - JDI/NWDI Cookbook for ESS/XSS

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Same thing happen with me. i am using 7.3.

I open CBS and select development track but unable to find build. means build button or link.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure you are in Buildspaces view? If yes, there you can build the entire track.
If you select a DC then you can build on "DC-level" too.

Regards,
Ervin

Answers (0)