cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom 261 movement type assignment to order type?

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help to understand how to assign custom Goois issue movement type (copy of 261) to specific order type. Current scenario is the client uses production orders for various business units using standard 261. However for specific Custom production order type, need to assign a custom goods issue movement type to that order type.

Please note, am aware standard movement type is assigned in tcdoe: OPKA under CO package (At Client Level). Obviously I cannot change that as other production orders types still need to use standard movement types.

Anybody configured this scenario, let me know

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rammohan,

As suggested by Caetano you need to check with the BADI - WORKORDER_GOODSMVT or else

WORKORDER_UPDATE.

Caetano,since the order reservations gets created during production order creation(movement type for

GI) either immediately /after release I feel WORKORDER_UPDATE would be supporting more on this.

Kindly please share your suggestions on the same.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Both BAdIs can do the trick. With WORKORDER_UPDATE you will update the movement type directly on the reservation table, while with WORKORDER_GOODSMV you will update the movement type dinamically during the confirmation.

BR

Caetano

former_member186386
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might be refer to below link.

http://www.erptips.com/Samples/ERPtips-SAP-Training-Manual-SAMPLE-CHAPTER-from-Materials-Management....

Regards,

Santosh Sharma

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do these 2 BADI's pertain to PP or PPPI orders. They seem to relate to Plant maintenance orders. Please confirm.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rammohan

I think that now you can test by yourself or at least read the documentation.

BR

Caetano

dejoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rammohan,

Badi  WORKORDER_GOODSMV  will help you in production order.Check methods Backflush, picklist for your logic.

Regards,

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Dee. I think so too. working with technical team on this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

It is not possible to assign an specific movement type to an order type on customizing.

Try to develop something using BAdI WORKORDER_GOODSMV.

You can find old threads with the same issue has been discussed:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1332755

BR

Caetano

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

Earlier link said that it can be set at PP and PPPI level. So if we can set at PPPI level that would be great. Currently In OPKA I have package CO being used for PP orders. I can create new package for PPPI. However I did not find where to assign the a new package for PPPI or PP area.

Let me know.

Regards,

Ram