cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Transfer from SAP PPM to SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

One of my clients would like to transfer budget filled manually in SAP PPM5.0 in budget views to SAP PS.

When I tried this functionnality, the results of the transfer are available in CJ31 or CJ41. These transactions show Budget/Planning values for project (total amounts). The total budget view of SAP PPM is transferred to the projet and we loose the level of details entered in SAP PPM (category, group)

Would it be possible to transfer the budget and have the output in CJR3 for example to keep the level of details?

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sanaa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understand, it is not possible in the standard system.

You can choose between budgeted and planned values and overall or yearly. But you cannot transfer data from PPM to ERP by cost elements to keep the desired level of detail as there is no univocal link between them and finanical groups. The system can aggregate a range of cost elements to the level of a financial group, but cannot perform the opposite operation. Also, as far as I remeber, you cannot post budgeted values by cost elements.

However, if it is appropriate in your project, you can organize your WBS in a way that it would correspond to the structure of your financial groups and use the BAdi /RPM/EX_CO_DOWNLOAD_BADI to determine the exact amount to be transferred on each element.

Another way is to realize you own integration program that would make planned CO-postings on the linked PS project according to custom mapping table of financial groups and cost elements - there are a lot of good BAPIs and FMs in CO for that.

BR

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for your helpful answer.

Actually Budget categories determined in SAP PPM correspond to WBS element of level 3 in PS.

So it could be possible via the BAdi to organize the transfer according to the mapping.

However, Budget groups determined in SAP PPM do not correspond to any WBS element but to cost elements..So I guess one possibility could be to change the structure in PS and add one level of WBS element (level 4) that correspond to Budget groups.

Sanaâ.

Answers (0)