cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.0 SP10 - AC EAM Plug in Custom Notification Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having trouble customizing the SPM Login notification message in the plug in system (using decentralized FF).

I have created the custom text  - SPRO > Governance, Risk and Compliance (Plug-In) > Access Control > Maintain Text for Custom Notification Messages (Plug-In)

I then created an entry in SPRO > Governance, Risk and Compliance (Plug-In) > Access Control > Maintain Custom Notification Messages for Emergency Access (Plug-In)

Everything looks good, but when the email is triggered it still displays the default message…

Only thing I can think of is that I am not using the correct message class?

On the GRC side the message class is 0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION - which works fine.

On the Plug in side I do not see this class. Looking in SE91, the closest thing I can find is /GRCPI/GRIA_SPM (message 000) - which is what I am using…

Would appreciate any help.

Many thanks

Wally

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wally,

Please check these two Notes. These may give you a more detailed idea of creating the custom notification message in EAM 10.

Let us know how things go. Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Shreya Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

Thanks for the notes. I believe I am already following all the steps correctly.

Unfortunately the notes do not specifically mention the name of the message class I should be using in the plug in system for the FF log in notification. That's what I am trying to verify... should the meesage class in the plug in system be /GRCPI/GRIA_SPM. (in the GRC system it is 0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION)

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Wally

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wally,

Yes, that's correct. The GRC system has message class: 0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION.

Regards,

Shreya Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

Right... 0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION works fine on the GRC side, but this class is not available at all on the ECC target system / plug in side. That's where I'm stuck...

Regards,

Wally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wally,

Request you to please maintain custom message class which you created at GRC box, at Maintain MSMP Workflow Step 4 Maintain notification template and replace 0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION with custom one.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen Kumar

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wally,

The subject for SPM login notification can be maintained via Maintenance view : GRFNVNOTIFYMSG.

The procedure to maintain it is :

1) Go to Tcode SM30 

2) Enter View : GRFNVNOTIFYMSG and click on the button "Maintain"

3) Look for message ID : 0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION and change the value for column subject as per your need.

4) Save the changes

Please refer Note - 1777846 and perform the manual activity.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Shreya Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I believe the initial Log in notification is not triggered by the workflow. Workflow & notification is working fine on the GRC side.

Only the initial Log in notification from the Plug in side (when using decentralized FF) is not picking up the custome message.

0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION does not exist on the Plugin side.

Many thanks

Wally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

I think this note is for the GRC side. My custom message is working fine when checking out FF from the GRC side.

GRFNVNOTIFYMSG and 0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION do not exist on the Plug in (ECC) side...

I am using decentralized FF, so the Plug in side - which is trigerring the initial Log in notficiation -  is where I am having the issue.

Many thanks

Wally

Former Member
0 Kudos

For anyone who is interested... I believe I figured it out.

0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION does not appear in the drop-down (in the plugin system), or any tables (that I could find) but it must be hidden or hard-coded as a default somewhere, because if you just type it in manually when you create an entry in SPRO > Governance, Risk and Compliance (Plug-In) > Access Control > Maintain Custom Notification Messages for Emergency Access (Plug-In) - the system accepts the entry and it works!

Thanks anyway to those of you made suggestions.

Wally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wally,

could you please tell me, how you customized the data element in

Maintain Text for Custom Notification Messages  (Plug-In).

I couldn't find the standard object: /GRCPI/GRIA_SPM_NOTIFICATION isn't available.

Thanks,

Manuela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuela,

Sure - I'll be happy to help. Will try to reply by this evening.

Regards,

Wally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuela,

OK, what I needed to do in my scenario was to create a custom notification to be triggered when a user checks out a FF ID from the plug in system (i.e. using decentralized FF), with custom text to be shown in the email.

I presume this is what you are trying to do?

There are two parts to this (please note both parts are transportable - so start in Dev, and move up to QA & Prod via transports):

• First you create the custom text for the email itself.
    • Go to SPRO > Governance Risk & Compliance (Plug in) > Access Control > Maintain Text for Custom Notification Messages (Plug in)
    • Create a new document with Document Class “General Text”. Give the document your own name **.

• Then create the “container” that controls the email/custom text you have just created.
    • Go to SPRO > Governance Risk & Compliance (Plug in) > Access Control > Maintain
      Custom Notification Messages for Emergency Access (Plug in)
    • Add a new Entry for 0AC_SPM_NOTIFICATION
    • Enter a description in the Long Description field
    • Enter a service account (with proper authorizations to send emails) in the Sender field
    • Enter text that you want to appear in the Subject line of the email in the Subject field
    • Enter the exact name** that you gave your custom text document in the first step (this ties the two together

That should do it... Your standard email notification text will be replaced by this custom email when a user checks out a FF from the plug in side (i.e. using decentralized FF).

Please note that if you are using other languages in your system you will also have to maintain the text in those languages (via SE63), otherwise emails for FF users who have another language as their defualt will not trigger the custom email (nothing will be triggered at all and no error will be shown) I learnt that the hard way...

The subsequent log review email can also be customized, but that is done from the GRC side, not from the plugin side.

Hope this helps... Let me know if you have any further questions or if you need screenshots of anything.

Regards,

Wally

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wally,

Please refer the SAP note 1893328 . This might help you in resolving login notification issue.

Best Regards,

Yukti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yukti,

Thanks for the suggestion, but this note seems to address an error message to do with emails not being sent.

My emails are triggering fine, but they are picking up the default text, instead of picking up my custom text...

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Kind regards

Wally

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wally,

Please check these two Notes.

Let us know if that helps!

Best Regards,

Shreya Gupta