cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuated Stock in Transit & POD

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to implement "Customer Delivery with Valuated Stock in Transit" (SiT) along with Proof of Delivery (POD).

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/aa/12664becca415b912949adb49ddb4e/content.htm

I basically have it configured and running correctly, but there is one thing about the process that does not make sense to me. The final piece of the process is to do a VLPOD to confirm the POD and post the goods issue to the customer. Movement type 601 is performed at this step and that is great. It is exactly what I want.

However, the problem comes when I try to make use of VLPODQ (auto-confirmation). This transaction will auto-confirm based on the POD time frame set in the customer master. This is great too, but when you auto-confirm in this manner, this transaction DOES NOT do a MvT 601 ?!? So, you end up confirming the POD, but you still have the material "stuck" in stock in transit when you look at MMBE or MB5SIT because the 601 was never performed.

So, if I want to auto-confirm all of my deliveries via VLPODQ based on time frame and do a MvT 601, how do I do this? How are others doing this? Without VLPODQ "working correctly", it requires a resource to do VLPOD manually every day.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I found my answer. SAP Note 1606754

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I sent the note to our BASIS team and I was informed that our system is already at the level provided in the note. So, I don't know what the issue is. I may need to open a customer message.

I found another SAP Note 1796306. In this note it refers to Note 1606754 (documented in earlier post) and Note 1682493 and says that "Note 754 and 493 enable this".

We have both Note 1606754 and 1682493 in our system and VLPODQ still does NOT do a 601 goods movement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened a message with SAP. The solution for me was a combination of four notes...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan/Matthias,

I need to perform SIT for customer sales before final goods issue. Can you please provide me the end to end process, steps and configuration from movement type side and SD configuration? I did see couple of details in SAP talking about 685 and 687 movement types but they are not available in the system, Can you provide me the complete details? Appreciate help in this regard...

Thanks,

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the below document.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48809

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bryan,

to be honest, I still having problems with getting the 601 out of the POD.

We activated the Business Function LOG_MM_SIT, so the schedule line category NU was there. Assigned it to an existing item category and marked it for POD-relevant (also the customer). Delivered the order and posted GI. The goods mooved with 687 to the Transit stock in MB5SIT. But not under MMBE "special stock in Transit". But the VLPOD confirmation does not trigger the 601 when i save the VLPOD (it is not possible to poste GI, the button is greyed out).

Do you have any idea what the reason could be or what i have to check in addition?

I am very thankful for any support here.

best regards
Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias -

You are confirming the POD by clicking on the green check prior to saving, correct? If so, what does happen after you save?

Also, have you tried confirming the POD via VLPODQ? This is the automatic confirmation transaction. It works just like VLPOD, but it can be run in batch or for a range of deliveries.

To get the SiT to appear in MMBE, you need to run the report with the "No Zero Stock Lines" unchecked. Then, you should see a "Issuing Valuated Stock in Tran" section under the plant.