cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Patch Update (SP05 to SP08)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade SAP solution Manager 7.1 from Stack 5 to Stack 8.

For Java stack, we have to use Software Update Manager(SUM).

For ABAP stack we have to use SAINT or it can be done via SUM itself together with Java stack ?

Need suggestions on what is the SAP recommencation for upgrade tool to be used for this patch update.

Regards,
Nisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also take note post upgrade, my experience was a massive amount of short dumps until I had gone back through the solman_setup steps and set majority of things up again. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for suggestions.
Stack file is generated already.

However we need to know - does SAP recommend to perform SAP Solution Manager 7.1 patch upgrade (SP5 to SP8) via SUM SP8 ?
Or
Use SUM SP8 for Java and SAINT for ABAP stack seperately in case of SAP Solution Manager.

Any references on same ?

Regards,

Nisha

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Think about it this way:

Update via SPAM (SAINT is for new components, you are just updating SP levels), and then update via SUM to complete both stacks.

or

Update both stacks via SUM, supplying the stack file will automate almost the entire process.  I would just verify that your SPAM/SAINT lvls are update before you start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can directly use SUM both for JAVA and ABAP stack. It takes care of both the tools i.e. EHPi (JAVA upgrade) and SAPup (ABAP upgrade). So, first of all create MOPZ XML file and then upgrade smoothly.

Cheers !!

Nilutpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Software Update Manager 1.0 SP08

download from

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...&

Use Solution Manager for MOPZ configuration for Stack download.

SUM update ABAP & JAVA to SP08

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

You should use SUM, it's going replace all tools in near future. That is enough for all your stack upgrades.

Regards,

Divyanshu