cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to Flat File doing Append

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we have to receive an Idoc from SAP and then map it into a flat file to a third party using FTP protocol in File adapter.

The main idea is to collect all the idocs generated each day and append it into the same target file during all the day so when a new day is coming XI should have to create a new file and start appending the data into it.

Is this possible to do with XI sp14?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if this blog is helpful:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

Go thro this Weblog for IDOC packaging stuff.

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

useful for debugging: /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Appending to same file can also be done by chosing the mode to be "Append" in receiver file adapter.

The only place to think is starting new scenario for each day and i think that too can be controlled from the sender side while packaging the IDOCs. Can be done by specifying 24 hrs as time till which the IDOCs need to be packaged.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have thought in other solution but I don't know if it's possible.

SAP will be sending IDocs (one by one) to XI and XI (without any BPM) will send it to the file adapter using file content conversion just to create a flat file and write it into a server. Next idoc processed will do the same but when the flat file is going to be write in server it will be appended at the end of the existing file instead of overwrite it.

If I use a time stamp with only day and month it will be very simple to have one file per day without any daily job.

But my doubt is if I can do a file content conversion writing a file appending in the existing file and not overwriting.

Cheers.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes u will be able to append it,. propperty file construction mode is to be set to append file. So messages will be appended into one file.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

yes u can do this. check for the blog on idoc collection:

<u><b>Collecting idoc's without BPM refer this blog,</b></u>/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Also, Just check the following two weblogs.

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/24/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-1

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/27/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-2

Here i doubt of performance issues. Maybe u can collect the idocs in one file as and when it reaches xi and u can have another interface scheduled at the end of day that will transfer the file content to another file (appended)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

yes u can do this. check for the blog on idoc collection:

<u><b>Collecting idoc's without BPM refer this blog,</b></u>/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Also, Just check the following two weblogs.

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/24/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-1

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/27/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-2

Here i doubt of performance issues. Maybe u can collect the idocs in one file as and when it reaches xi and u can have another interface scheduled at the end of day that will transfer the file content to another file (appended)