cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Approval Procedure doesn´t copy from Z-Partnerfunction (SMCR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my Change Request ZMCR I use the approval Procedure SMCR0001, but instead of the Change Manager Function which is normaly used for approval, I do use an own Z-BPFuction Called Change Coordinator ZDCR0011. Which is also configured in the Approval Procedure. Sadly, when I fill in the BP in the header of the Ticket and choose the approval Function, the BP is not copied into the approval assignment block. When I connfigure the procedure to use the Change Manager it is working.

Does anyone have any Idea, why it is not working with Z-Functions?

Thanks and Best Regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer, but I do not understand what you mean.

Best Regards

Alex

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are some things you might want to check;

1. Define Partner Function

you need to maintain the Change Cordinator as Employee, as you see from my screenshot I have 2 additional Partner functions CGMP Team and Business Manager here

2. Define Partner Det. procedure

Your Partner Function 'Change COrdinator' should be part of Partner Functions in Partner Det Procedure. You can refer to my screenshot

And in User Interface Settings;

3. Partner Function used in CRM UI

I used Partner Number 9 and Partner Number 3 ,Partner Number 4 for my 3 level approval procedure

That's all you need.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

thanks for your detaild instructions. I have checked my customizing and it is exaclty configured as you discribed it, but it is not working.

Best Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Are you using Z Approval procedure too?

Earlier I refered the below

goto spro -> Search "Define Approval settings" -> left panal "Assign approval steps" and check "Approval Determination procedure" all configured same as Change manager in the standard procedure.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use the standard Approval Procedure, I just change the mapping from Change Manager to Change Coordinator. So yes it is configured as the standard procedure.

And the change Request Ticket ZMCR uses this Approval Procedure. But that does not work properly 😞

Best Regards

Alex

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You can check the Rule Policies.

Go to the workcenter "Service Operation" and search for Rule Policies.

You should find the rule policy AI_CM_CR_RFC_STE

Check out the rule which is present for SMCR and replicate it for your ZMCR and your approval procedure steps.

This rule is responsible for copying the partners you enter in the header on the Details assignment block to the Approval assignment block.

Kind Regards,

Joyca

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Joyca, I had forgotten to attach screenshot for this part in my reply. That should have helped to solve the error.

Here is how my Rule Policy looks like; please navigate here as adviced by Joyca above.

So basically you create new rules for each of your Z Partner Functions here. As you can see, I have 3 Rules here because my partners are IT manager, Business Manager and CGMP team.

sample rule would be like below one of the Z Partner Function

If

Approval Procedure Equals General Approval Procedure and

Approval Step Equals IT Manager

Then

Set partner for step approval by PFC ( Partnerfunction = ZSIGMA01:IT Manager )

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca:

Could you explain step by step how to get there?

I go to service operations > rule policies but then what (see image below)?

and also, you say "check the rule that is present in SMCR ..."  How do I get there to be able to replicate?  Thanks,  Juan

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan-Carlos,

You were almost there

The bottom icon, with the {-} symbol, contains an actual rule. If you select it, you see the standard SAP Rule, which reads:

If
Approval Procedure Equals Change Request Approval Procedure and
Approval Step Equals Approval Step 1 and
Approval Step Approver Equals ""
Then
Set partner for step approval by PFC ( Partnerfunction = SDCR0002:Change Manager )

You can use the function More - Edit Released Rules As Draft to edit and add rules.

If you want to create a new role, set your position on the "folder" icon and press the "create subnode" button. Or you can start with a copy of the existing standard rule.

The rule "code" is easy to adapt with the help of the Conditions and Actions block. Just replace the inputs by your own approval step codes and partnerfunction codes.

When you are done, don't forget to use More - Release Draft Rules and Save!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks indeed Joyca.

Even though we did have the rules in place, I do not know exactly why it was not working, but now it works, so we are happy. 

Many thanks indeeed. I finally made click on this one, thanks to your help.  

Alexander: I would recommend you may delete and re-create your rules relate to this.  They should work.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

I have done exactly the same way what you recommended but still I do not see customized approve procedure in change request form.

Any input much appreciated

Thanks

Sateesh.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

In your first screenshot, you use a rule policy called "BG APPROVAL". If you want to use another approval procedure than the standard one (AI_CM_CF_RFC_STE) then you need to make additional customizings in IMG activities "Define Service Manager Profiles" and "Define Approval Settings" to change the rule policy that will be used.

Your second screenshot does come from the standard AI_CM_CF_RFC_STE). But you defined your three steps in a hierarchy, while they should be on the same level.

Always select the higher level node (the folder icon) when adding a new rule, as it will always be added as a lower-level-node.

Also, please note that the AI_CM_CF_RFC_STE rule policies is for determining the partners on the Steps of your approval procedure, not the approval procedure itself.

For determining the determination procedure itself, you need the rule policy AI_CM_CF_RFC_PRO.

Also, if your new custom approval procedure does not even appear in the manual dropdown list, then you will need to check your approval procedure customization. Is your new approval procedure assigned to the correct approval procedure determination procedure? An is this approval procedure determination procedure assigned to your transaction type?

You can always go have a look to these blog posts:

Kind regards,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Thanks for quick reply. I have followed above blogs ZMCR-CUSTOM3 and step 2 RULE  and done all the changes required for customized rule policy but I will change the order of nodes as per your recommendation and see whether it makes any difference.

I am bit worried that CRM_UI is not picking up ZMCR0001 instead it is picking up SMCR0001

Will let you know once I have done the changes

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still same error persists..:(

Thanks

Sateesh.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Can you upload some screenshots from your checklist customizing?

IMG activity Define Approval Settings.

Especially "define approval procedures", "define approval determination procedures" and "assign default approval procedure".

Also, what is in the rule policy AI_CM_CF_RFC_PRO?

Kr,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you fo Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remaining rule policies

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sateesh Volimineni wrote:

Here you fo Joyca

Can you click one step further on the last customizing activity?

Select ZMCR0001 and check in "assign default approval procedure". Your Z approval procedure should be there instead of the S one.

You can also add multiple approval procedures there, to still allow to choose via the dropdown list.

Then for the approval procedure AI_xxx_PRO, that rule should look more like this;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joyca it worked:) as soon as I removed S series under assign default approal procedure and changed the AI_XXX_PRO rule as per your screen. I can see three options now

Two more queries

1) so I can add developer,tester and IT operator under customized approval process so that they can approve one by one ?

2) Do we have any option of email setup  in between approvers in approve section so that they can approve?

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Yes, if you want them to approve one by one then make sure that you add the three approval steps in a sequence, but looking at your previous screenshots that seems to be done correctly in the customizing of "define previous steps".

2) For this I can refer you to the help text of the IMG activity: "Make Workflow Settings for Request for Change Approval" to activate the workflow for Approvals.

Then, you can have a look at the thread where it is explained how to get the workflow tasks to be sent as e-mail as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply. Will configure and update you

Much appreciated for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Quick one,

I am getting issue while generating normal change document once request for change is approved.

Please find screenshots. This is a demo setup so I have created mutiple client 500,600 and 700 in solution manager only. Maintenance cycle looks good and LMDB component looks fine.

Please assist

Thanks

Sateesh.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question is unrelated to this topic (which is about approval procedures), so you should open a new one for this question.

But because the answer is easy I'll answer it here anyway:

Change your maintenance cycle to phase "in development with release" via the actions.

Kr,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, thats not the solution anyway i have raised another post

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to add this blog post that I found to this discussion, it could help future visitors of this thread:

This blog (and its linked blogs) gives a good overview of all the needed settings for approval procedures (including service manager profiles & rule policies)