cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Process control workflow Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

Help regarding PO Process control workflow..

I i have 3 levels of process control workflow .. to determing purchasing group manager of user level 1 approval .. then manager of level 1 i.e manager level 2 and then .. manager of manager 2 i.e manager level 3 ..

i am using below standard  process levels

RR_PURCHASING_MANAGER

RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER

RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER

It works when we are creating/Changing Po with user where purchasing group is having purchasing group manager.. i.e level RR_PURCHASING_MANAGER

But if i try to change PO  (Change aftr ordering po and all levels of approls ) with manager 2 RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER

then i am not able to determine level 2 and level 3 approvals ...

Simillary if i try to change po with manager 3 i am getting level 1 and level 2 approval but nt getting level 3 approval..

Error massage

"Strategy did not determine any approval RR_PURCHASING_MANAGER"

and if i change PO with initial buyer (Who created PO earlier ) i am getting all approvals..

and if i try try to create or copy PO from manager level 1 then also i am getting above error for all levels ..

Is it happening because of org structure issue ?

Please help

Thanks

SL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes, that's right. These standardd resolvers look at organization.

RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER  Responsibility Resolver returns all reporting

line managers of the approvers determined in the preceding

level.  Enter as many process levels of this type in your configuration

scheme as you expect from maximal depth of your organizational structure

(e.g. when you've five manager levels you should have one RR_MANAGER

level and additionally four RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER levels).

You can get more information in the WFL guide available in the service market place.

Thus you need to check if you have these line managers of managers at your organization.

Cheers,

Melina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Melina, Appreciated your reply...

If i take rr_manager as my first level it will check manger of person who creates PO .. my first level is to get Purchase group manager (Purchasing group which i will enter while creating PO) and not a line manager..

Regards

SL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

The RR_manager was just an example.

what you need to know is that the  RR_MANAGER_OF_MANAGER takes the manager of the preceding level.. thus you should have all these managers from your steps at organization. Otherwise it will not fit and you should use another resolver in combination to fit your needs. Or even develop own resolvers.

Cheers,

Melina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Melina.. appriciated your reply .. Yes i am working on same..i will update you..

Regards

SL