Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety days supply Error

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am testing the safety days supply (SZ) method, assigned the method SZ in product master, and maintained safety days of supply.

Using the 9asnp05 planning area and standard planning book 9ASNP_SSP. But the safety days supply is not displayed in the planning book key figure from product master.

Found out that the Safety days macro is not part the planning book, and hence created the new planning book based on the standard planning book.

Created the safety days supply macro as below

Safety Days : ( 25 Iterations :22.08.2013; W 43.2013 )

Row: Safety Days' Supply ( Frm 23.08.2013 ) =

SAFETY_DAYS( ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION )

However the safety days are not displayed in the planning book.

I am able to enter the data in the key figure manually, if I enter the days 5 and later if i change 8 the safety stock data not calculated based new data.

Help me out where the mistake is.

BR

Thamizh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

Planning book's keyfigure 'Safety Stock ' will capture Safety Quantity mentioned in Product-Location master with Safety Quantity (SB) method mentioned in product location master but not Safety Days (SZ)

.The quantity mentioned in product location master will not be captured when its mentioned as ' Safety Days (SZ) in product location master.

For your reference, PFB the keyfigure macro logic:

Row: Safety Stock ( Frm 22.08.2013 ) =

SAFETY_CALC( ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION ;

0 ;  0 ;

Area:  [ $Total Demand ( 23.08.2013 ) ; $Total Demand ( $ W 43.2013 ) ]

Area:  [ Workdays ( 23.08.2013 ) ; Workdays (  W 43.2013 ) ]

)

Regards,

Mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Made the change in the safety days macro and get the safety days displayed in the planning book.

However the safety stock calculation is wrong.

I have maintained the safety day =2

Demand on first day 50, second day 30, and third day 80. And expect that the safety stock on first day should be 110 but system calculate the safety stock as 60.

The standard macro of safety stock is as below , I hope there is something wrong with the macro

Row: Safety Stock ( Frm 22.08.2013 ) =

SAFETY_CALC( ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_VERSION ;

Row: Safety Days' Supply ( Frm 22.08.2013 )

Row: Safety Stock (Planned) ( Frm 22.08.2013 )

Area:  [ $Total Demand ( 23.08.2013 ) ; $Total Demand ( $ W 43.2013 ) ]

Area:  [ New macro aux. row ( 23.08.2013 ) ; New macro aux. row (  W 43.2013 ) ]

)

Pl provide your view.

BR

Thamizh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

There is a problem with the macro, which has been corrected and getting proper data.

BR

Thamizh