cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid date

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

We have one business requirement like  we created inspection plant with one group and 2 group counters it means I created  two plans, business requirement is group counter 1  will be assign automatic Period time 22082012 to 22082013, group counter 2 will be assign 22082013 to 22082014

how can define valid period if one group have multiple group counters.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use a user exit to influence the plan selection.

QPAP0002 Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection   

Put some text into the description maybe.  Like the 2014 or 2013 as the first four characters in the description which can be used by the exit to determine which plan to assign.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter

any other solution instead of  QPAP0002 User Exit....

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

None that I can think of.  I had a similar issue at a client.  We basically had a summer and a winter inspection plan.  We used a batch job that was scheduled to run twice a year to change the plan assignments. 

Use the material classification.  Set up two characteristics.  "SUMMER_GROUP_NUM" and "WINTER_GROUP_NUM". Define the Group number against these characteristics.  

You could use three characteristics.  "INSPEC_PLAN_GROUP", "SUMMER_GRP_CT", "WINTER_GRP_CT".  Then use the QPAP0002 to select the plan or set up a twice a year batch job to swap the assignments in the group.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Firefighter,

Even if I maintain 2 different valid from dates in different groups in inspection plans, also activated above mentioned user exit but it not triggering

can you tell me where it is triggering (I am sure it should assigned automatic based on valid date )

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm. I never said anything about using valid dates in the plans. 

In the scenario I mentioned above, either the user exit or batch job program would be programmed to account for the date.

So in the user exit scenario, if you have two plans, and you by business practice, say that group counter 1 is always the summer plan, and the group counter 2 is always the winter plan.  In the user exit, you define the date range for summer plans, and the date range for the winter plans.  Then when the exit is called, compare the current date and determine if the winter or summer plan is to be assigned.

In the batch job run twice a a year, in the spring you deassign all materials from the winter plan and reassign them to the summer plan.  In the fall, you do the reverse.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't have the option as you require in SAP. Its not available in standard.