Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active and inactive forms and functions

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

We notice a strange behavior on our ECC 6.0 (EhP 6) system.

It seems that changes do not get into the original form. Every time the system seems to be generating a new inactive function. The inactive function is working. When I activate the form once again the inactive function disappears.

Let me explain in detail:

Take transaction SFP and create the interface ZTEMV001

No extra parameters to pass data. I just keep it all as simple as possible.

I save and activate the interface.

Next I create a form ZTEMV001 using the interface ZTEMV001.

I put one text field on the layout, just to see if an output is generated.

I save and activate the form and leave the transaction.

Now I go back to transaction SFP. I enter the adobe form ZTEMV001 and go in change mode. I push on the tab ‘layout’.

I push the function key ‘F8’.

A popup shows up asking if I want to save the changes. Nothing is changed. Normally I should not get this popup. The form is still active.

If I choose ‘No’, nothing happens. I stay on the same screen.

If I choose ‘Yes’, the test continues and I get the well-known transaction SE37, with the generated test function for this Adobe Form.

When I take a look at the name of the function I see the following…

The contents of table FPCONTEXTI shows the relation between our adobe forms and the generated function modules. For my form ZTEMV001, I have two entries. The one that will be tested (see image above) is the inactive one...

I push F8 for the function that is waiting to be tested. I enter LP01 as printer and select print preview. My form will be displayed and looks like the following image.

After pushing a few times back I get back to my Adobe form.

My form is now inactive because I saved this form after the pop-up and I did not active it anymore.

I activate the form and leave the transaction.

I go back to transaction SFP and take my form ZTEMV001 in display mode. My form is active.

I push F8 to test my form again and get the following screen.

I see that the function name of the form is the function I found before in the table FPCONTEXTI for my form.
This was the active version and is the only version that is left in the table.

I push F8, fill in printer LP01, choose ‘print preview’ and.... an error appears.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

This is basis issue.  Please check if your ADS services are working fine.  This happened to me before.  When I contacted my basis team, they solved that issue. 

Thanks,

Rakesh

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Can you be more specific on this one please? Do you have more details?

I need something before I can go to our basis team.

Thanks a lot

Dimitri

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Dimitri,

I dont have more details about this.  In my case, I contacted basis team and explained this situation and they resolved it.  I guess, when I ran program FP_TEST_00 and FP_PDF_TEST_00, I got some error.  Can you try to run those programs once and see, if you are getting any error message.

--

Rakesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

This is a common scenario in Adobe forms. This is how the standard has been implemented.

Whenever you open the adobe form (in display or change mode), the Context Tab is loaded by default.

Q - Now what happens when we actually press the Layout button?

A - The XML content is loaded in the form and displayed in the layout. Here you can also see the message in green for example (3,825 bytes transferred). But the same message you will not get in the display mode and you will be able to execute the FM directly without any pop up being appeared. The above scenario you can encounter with both the Layout buttons in the Form.

Here we can conclude that each time the XML content is loaded, it is a new one. You can ignore the pop up by saying NO. I think that is what you should do. Else a different number range will be generated for each Activated FM. When the form is inactive(after you clicking NO in pop up) , click BACK then another pop up appears “something like SAVE DATA OR NOT”. click No on Pop up and click BACK button(you will be navigated to SFP transaction). Now enter the form in display mode or change mode. And the form is still Active.

I think the standard decides that the layout is changed only when we are on layout tab in change mode. Instead it might not check whether the old XML content and newly loaded XML content in buffer are same. You can check out the class CL_FP_FB_FORM where the actual implementation is done. Ideally this is what happens but logically this must not have occurred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I think it basis issue.they have to configure the Adobe Document services with proper credential rights.

So that communication should be established between ADS and form.

Check the SAP note 944221 for details.

Regards

Khaleel