cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMDB in SAP Solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wanted to know how was the integration between CMDB and Solution manager.

Is SAP IT infrastructure is mandatory to have CMDB in place.

Are there any documentation available on the how the integration of CMDB with solman?

In our landscape we don't have SAP IT infrastructure so Am looking only for CMDB along with solution manager.

Kindly guide .

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately it looks like CMDB is only coming with the SAP IT Infrastructure solution and not seperately/part of SolMan.

Integration of CMDB with SAP SolMan is discussed in the below blog along with some helpful resources

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/blog/2012/05/30/solution-manager-integration-with-sap-it-...

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishnan,

Thanks for the reply.

But I have read somewhere that we can integrate RMC atrium CMDB with solution manager.

Is it mandatory to have SAP IT infratstructure to  have CMDB for ITSM in solution manager.

So does it mean that we need to get licensed SAP IT infrastructure module to bring in the configuration details of the landscape.

kindly clarify.

Thanks ,

Subhashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini,

Apologies, I was under the impression - you are looking for SAP CMDB only.

Third party CMDB like BMC Atrium, CA etc can definitely be integrated with SAP Solution Manager. If you already have the BMC Atrium license, go for it. The documentation for integrating it with Solution Manage is provided by BMC itself.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks again for the reply.

I am doing an analysis on the integration of CMDB with Solman. So I was just looking for all options.

so , If it is SAP CMDB then was it mandatory to have SAP IT infrastructure.

I was able to get fewer information on the integration. If have any other detailed documentation on this front.kindly share it.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Answers (0)