cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 data extraction and active BW data sources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SolMan expert,

We tried to setup SolMan 7.1 internal BW for the first time according to all the possible SAP configuration documents we could find including those in many existing related threads. RSA1 datasource node Solution Manager 0SM_SMG_ROOT/0SM_SMG has only 12 active data sources. Most of them, for example 0SM_DSWPBI_PERF, didn't extract any data. Error message is "No data available in the source system for this selection".

Although many infoObject _TEXT or _ATTR datasources were activated, many are still missing, for example, 0BPARTNER_HIER. There are many activated infoCubes and DSOs, which have no downward data flow defined due to lack of corresponding active datasources.

Can anyone show us:

1.  How to find more SAP delivered data sources?

2.  Why didn't existing data source find data?

3.  Should all the BW extraction transformation process objects pre-exist and be defined with the downward and upward flows?

4. Whether we have to develop our own customized data source, transfer rules, update rules and etc.?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have similar requirement but I have to achieve it through ABAP.

What are possible ways to achieve it?

Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can I find more information about how to activate the datasources and cubes ? Do you have step by step doc ?

Thank You.

Leandro Dias.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Use RSA6 to get the list of data sources

-  Solman BW is quite different, its only used for Reporting, that too only if you want to enable. From solman side, you are not supposed to look for any process flows, its all pre defined. But By default most of them 80 to 90% not activated.  it is been done only by corresponding scenarios automatic configuration wizards ( Ex Technical Monitoring, DVM) or by manually as per the setup guide by administrators during the scenario configuration ( Ex CDMC, ITSM Interactive, BPMON Trend analysis). This is because Solman is the central system, make sure the system stablity and performance concern, we were not allowed to activate the data sources before consider valid pre cautions like memory, number of work processes. For example To get the active data source for BPM, you need to finish the scenario setup and activate all extractors, this loads the data to your infocubes, now in 7.1 most of them has real time load behavior.

- Yes, like other BW environment, we can create our own data sources. But do go along with some BI experts.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jansi,

Thanks for your reply and helpful suggestions.

- I checked RSA6 and even table roosource. The datasources related to solution manager in our system are: 8 0CRM_SRV* related to CRM Serivces and 12 0SM* related to Solution Manager. Do you know if these are all transactional data source for solman?

Hong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plus, when I am debuging datasource from RSA3 (Extract Checker), found out that most of errors came from the datasource not existing in a table named smoxhead_s which holds only 7 entries in our case. 0CRM_SRV_PROCESS_H is one of them, so it works so far. Some entry among these 7, for example 0CRM_PS_SSP_I, showed error when being tested "is not defined in the source system", which I don't know why. Could anyone help us to know if this table should hold more entries or it waits for more BI contents to be activated?

Hong

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can add bit further, might be can help you.. as i mentioned arleady, In solution manager 7.1 we are not supposed to activate any BW cubes manually, its all activated by curresponding scenario guided procedure wizard in solman_Setup.

for example :

Technical monitoring cubes activated by techmon setup wizard in solman_Setup step as "Activate BW content".

you can do manaul activation, if the configuration guide insisted to do ( Example : CCLM)

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jansi for further help!

We did every step in solman_setup. All the infoProviders are active right now. The problem is that there is no datasource for data extraction to feed them. For example, where to configure to active downward data flow for Incidents Management Reporting DSOs, such as 0SPR_DATA, 0SPRLDATA, 0SPR_CAT etc.? Please send us any hint or clue you might be able to find or know!

Thanks!

Hong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hong,

are  you check in Solution Manager in RSA1 in Business Content? Oder with T-Code RSA5.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You no need to proceed anything for dataload, most of them are real time infocubes, Loaded by extractors.

follow here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/4d/8f1ae0a4cd4b999a36d719bd128ff0/content.htm

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hong,

you can also check SAP Note 1421507.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kmer,

Thanks so much for the Note 1421507! it is very helpful. I actually found this note via other links while searching for object AI_CCMSBI:

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=1421507

I also checked other t-code as you suggested. I haven't got the results I expected yet. Hope it will be worked out. I am still doing steps as Jansi recommended (see her following reply).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jansi,

Thanks again for your reply and helpful link! I read it and tried to follow steps there. I haven't finished them all yet, will continue next week.

One thing bothers me so far, that is: many instructions have prerequisites or assumption that we need to activate BI Cont. I hope I can find a list of what kind of BI Contents should be activated as the results. I have all the infoProviders activated, but few datasources. Does that matter? I understand that I don't need to load data manually from your help above. Is there a data flow or transfer process predefined or activated before the extractor starts to load data? Please help me to understand how this SM BW data extractor works if you can offer any useful links or articles further! BTW, I ordered a copy of SAP Solution Manager book, just arrived yesterday. I plan to read it and hope to find some help from there as well.

Have a good weekend!

Hong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jansi,

We start to see data on Incident Management tab of the workcenter. Thanks for pointing out E2E extractors concept and etc. We need more BW reports on Change management which is not available in workcenter. Do you know if I can configure to add more transactional types into existing Incident management report?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Thanks for the short note Jansi, this clarifies many miniscule doubts at the back of head. Often we tend to bring our BI knowledge to Solman BI, like search for load logs, DTPs... this is different.

Regards

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is kind of misleading though to list all the infoProviders, infoObjects... for Solution Manager. Those objects even got activated when we activate certain workcenter scenarios. I don't know what was the purpose to have all of those activated yet not been used anywhere (because there is no data loaded).