cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10 SP13 - Cancelled Access Request Remains in Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am having an issue with a cancelled access request remaining in the work inbox of the role owner. When I open the request, there is an error that reads Error when reading line item 0002 for MSMP instance 005056BB20C41EE382CFBEA1502F6B73. This issue sort of came out of nowhere as this has not occurred before.I've attached a couple screen shots to show what I'm seeing.

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was resolved via transaction code SWWL and identifying the work item ID for the cancelled request that would appear in the work inbox even after it had been cancelled. Below are the steps I followed to resolve my issue:

1. Open the Work Inbox of NWBC
  2. Select the Work Item Id of the request to be deleted
    1. NOTE: If work item ID is not shown in your inbox then you can make the field visible using Setting -> Select Work Item Id -> Add button -> Apply button
  3. Once the work item ID is identified, logon to GRC system and enter the transaction ‘SWWL’.
  4. Enter only the work Item ID and remove all the field and execute it
  5. Select that entry and delete it
  6. Validate the work item is deleted from the work inbox

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your feedback. As a bit more detail, we are using BRF+ rules for our initiator and to route sensitive / critical roles. The rules are working properly for the other flows and paths within ARM. I tried to utilize the two programs mentioned above and in the referenced notes (e.g. stale request) but that was not successful as the flow is already cancelled.

To take a step back, I cancelled the request because the "approve" button did not appear in the role owner screen. When I tried to reject the request I was prompted to enter a note but I was unable to add a note. As a result, there was no way to approve / reject the request so I cancelled via search request.

I also thought the error may relate to the second role added but was unable to find any issue with the role.

As for the MSMP config monitoring, there were not any errors identified.

Quite the strange scenario but hopefully this background helps. Thanks!

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Symptom

You want to remove the old/dumping work items to be removed from the Work Inbox of the Approver.

Some Work Items exist in the Work Inbox, which return Dump when the Approver tries to open them. Now, the approver wants to delete such dumping Work Items.

Environment

GRC 10.0, My Home, Work Inbox.

Reproducing the Issue

Login to GRC 10.0 NWBC, as an Approver.

Goto My Home =>Work Inbox.

Click on any work item, you get a Dump (for some issue which has now been resolved).

Now, you want to delete such dumping Work Items, so that they should not show any further in the Approver's Work Inbox.

Cause

When the request was created, or Work item generated, there was an issue with the Workflow, which returned the dump into the request.

Approver doesn't want to see any such request in Work Inbox, as these requests cause confusion and are Obsolete.

Resolution

You would have to manually cancel all the dumping Work Items using their "External Key Displ." or "External Key" (this is usually the request number shown for Work Item in Work Inbox), and cancel via program "GRFNMW_MANUAL_INSTANCE_CANCEL" in transaction SE38 in the GRC 10.0 system. This has to be performed in the backend GRC Box as Administrator.

For details on using this program, please refer to the KBA (SAP Note) 1742041.

Once the particular Work Item is Cancelled as above procedure, the Work Item will be removed from the Work Inbox of the Approver.

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stacey,

Kindly also check the below SAP notes

1798871 - How to remove the unwanted Work Items from Work  Inbox

1742041 Cancelling the requests stuck due to Workflow error

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Saksham Minocha

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

seems new version has ben generated after request was raised.

cancel the request using search request.

Regards,

Prasnt

nishad_showkath
Explorer
0 Kudos

As per the screen shot, the issue seems to be with only item 2, the second role which has not been moved to status approved....

It can be that in between the raising of the request and till it got approved, may be the business role2 was deleted.

Or as suggested above, we will require to see the workflow debug details to analyse more...

If it is just to delete the approval request from approvers inbox, there is a way to delete stale request..... run program GRFNMW_BATCH_STALE_REQUEST...But be careful while running...please execute it only for that particular request

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Stacey

What does the MSMP Workflow Debug show for the closing out

Also, are you able to look at SWIA Workflow to see where it is at for why it has closed?

achristian17
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stacey are you using BRF+ with line item to decide your approver. Can you give some more detail about this workflow. As per the screenshot approver is there but not sure whether if u're using BRF+ and what type is better to know. Could you give some more clarity to your WF. Also you're telling that cancelled request where as it's showing completed request. If you could give more detail that will help others to understand your issue in order to resolve this.

rgds,

Asok