Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control ATP for STOs at the item level?

former_member607794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are turning on ATP for the first time in sales order and STO entry.  We have already being doing an ATP check at the time of delivery creation and thus the main checking group we're using (CH) has availability checking turned on in OVZ2.

Because we're phasing the new order entry ATP functionality in by material number, I need a way to be able to turn ATP on at the material level.  I've created a new checking group (ZH) and assigned it to the materials I want to turn on. I'm using this checking group to drive (via MV45AFZZ) a new schedule line category, and ATP is activated for this schedule line category, but not for our previous one.  This all works great for sales orders.

However, STOs I'm not sure what to do.  I've activated ATP for STOs in 'Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule' in the IMG, by assigning checking rule 'A' to the appropriate plant/delivery type combinations.  But now the availability check is happening for all materials and not just the ones I've updated to the new checking rule (remember, both checking rules have availability check turned on in OVZ2, to ensure that the check always happens at the time of delivery creation).

Is there any other place where I can tweak the availability settings at a more discrete level for STOs? In other words, similar to how I can turn ATP on/off at the schedule line level in sales orders? 

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Allison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allison,

I believe all you need to know is in SAP Note 498149 - FAQ: Availability check in purchasing

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo