cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting PReq conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I convert a subcontracting SNP- PReq at Plant then it creates an SNP PReqRel at vendor keeping in account PDT (Planned Delivery Time) , Transportation Time and GR time at Plant.

The SNP Planned Order created at vendor is created on the basis of backward scheduling.

( i.e. SNP Planned Order Completion date = Delivery Date at the Plant - Transportation Time - GR time

e.g.  SNP Planned Order Completion date( 10th Oct ) = Delivery Date at the Plant(17th Oct) - Transportation Time(4 days) - GR time ( 3 days)

Needless to say here -- SNP Planned Order finishes as per the time maintained in PPM/PDS for operation. ( e.g. say 4 days -- so it starts on 7th Oct). 

The issue comes when I convert this SNP Preq at plant to PPDS PReq.  The system schedules the order from current date or as soon as possible instead of doing backward scheduling. I checked the strategy profile in SPRO for SNP->PPDS conversion and in that strategy profile -- the direction for scheduling is forward.

As per me it should be backward or backward with reverse if I want the order to finish on 10th Oct as per example above.

This is bcoz between SNP and PPDS -- Transportation Time, GR time, PDT etc all remain same -- so I do not doubt the Master data.

Can you suggest some other pointer --- or  only the direction of scheduling in the strategy in strategy profile for SNP->PPDS conversion -- the only probable reason ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you have the planning direction "Backward with Reverse", the system creates the PP/DS order with forward scheduling if no suitable slot could be found using backward scheduling.

In Customizing, you specified a strategy profile in the maintenance "Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults" for PP/DS in the field ST_PROF_SNPREL (Conversion SNP -> PP/DS), which contains deviating strategy settings compared to the heuristic specified for the SNP conversion (field SNP_HEURISTIC). Particularly, deviations in the planning direction may have a negative effect on the scheduling.

Please refer OSS note 1802712 for the strategy settings are determined from the maintained heuristic (such as SAP_SNP_SNGL) and used for the processing.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)