cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send alert if file is not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a following scenario:  Proxy > PI > FTP.

The requirement is if there is an error while connecting to the FTP server or in file content conversion as alert should be sent out. what can be done about this. if I want to restrict alerts generated only for a particular channel.

I kown we can use 'Maintain Order At Runtime' however would it cater to all techncial erros that the file channel may encounter.

Pls advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

My requirment is to restrict alerts only to particular commuincation channel. I see the option for adapter type but not for a particular commuincation channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I found the following in the SAP Note 913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting:

• Q5: Why does the alert rule not work when I provide the sender and/or receiver interface name in the rule and the message fails in the Adapter Framework?
    • A5: You need different rules for sender and receiver interfaces.
      Make sure to provide the receiver interface name for alerts from messages that were received and failed in the Adapter Framework and set the sender interface name and namespace to '*'. (As a result, you must specify the sender interface name if the message fails on the sender adapter and set the receiver interface name and namespace fields of the rule to '*').

So that means it is possible to create an alert for an error in AE by Interface Type. RIght?

However the following links says "

Note:

Only errors reported from the Adapter Engine are taken into consideration for message-independent rules."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/b2e0096b156ff4e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Isn't this contradicting or am I reading it incorrectly. Please advice.

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you working on Single stack or dual stack. We have optiom for component based alert mechanism , You can select the interface and channel level error.

Regards,

Manigandan

former_member193466
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky, you can configure the alerts using ALRTCATDEF transaction for the particular inetrafce.

Also can use Unix script through OS command to check the file in the particualr directory or not.

Regards

Venkata Raja

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

You can use FM SALERT_CREATE to generate your custom alerts. Amit has already given a hint.

However, I did not understand how you could use 'Maintain Order At Runtime'. It is used to serialize interface in PI and its a different concept.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Bad, I probably mixed to things.

I have a scenario that an email should be sent out once the file has been created (proxy to File scenario). To this point I was referening to using 'Maintain order at runtime' so that first the file adapter is invoked and only once that is has finished successfully will the mail adapter be invoked.
But I wasn't sure if 'Maintain Order At Runtime' is valid from Intreface detrmination till the file channel has successfully processed the file. i.e if there is an error in the channel will it invoke the next channel or not.

Second point was, how to restrict alerts only to particular commuincation channel. I see the option only till adapter type bot for a particular commuincation channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>If there is an error in the channel will it invoke the next channel or not.

I think, next channel will not get triggered...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

U can make use of alert mechanism and create rule in such a way that alert gets triggered only for ur specific interface.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava